YOU CAN DOWNLOAD 200+ SUBJECTS PDF BOOK FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS
UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 117
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Which of the following is/are correct regarding Hindustani Music?
- It has its origins in Bharata's Natya Shastra.
- Dhrupad, Khayal are its styles.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Arrange the following cities from east to west:
Question 2 Explanation:
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Who establishes the Inter-State Council to investigate and discuss subject of common interest between the Centre and the states?
State Legislative Assemblies concerned
Question 3 Explanation:
The Inter-State Council is a non-permanent constitutional body set up by a presidential order on the basis of provisions in Article 263 of the Constitution of India. "
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
What is 'BND-4201', recently in the news?
India's first diamond certification scheme
India's first Nano satellite
India's first drought resistant rice variety
India's first home-grown high-purity gold reference standard
Question 4 Explanation:
BND-4201 stands for Bharatiya Nirdeshak Dravya. It is India's first home-grown high purity gold reference standard. The BND-4201 is reference material for gold of '9999' fineness (gold that is 99.99% pure with impurities of only 100 parts-per-million). It has been developed through collaboration between IGM, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) - Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (New Delhi) and National Centre for Compositional Characterisation of Materials (Hyderabad). It will be beneficial to the consumers and public at large to ensure purity of gold.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Consider the following statements regarding Baba Guru Nanak
- Baba Guru Nanak did not believe in Hinduism and Islam and so he wished to establish a new religion, which he named as Sikhism
- He rejected sacrifices, ritual baths, image worship, austerities and the scriptures.
- He defined five symbols: uncut hair, a dagger, a pair of shorts, a comb and a steel bangle which need to be worn by his followers.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1 and 3
2 and 3
Question 5 Explanation:
- Baba Guru Nanak did not wish to establish a new religion, but after his death his followers consolidated their own practices and distinguished themselves from both Hindus and Muslims.
- Also he did not give the name Sikhism. He rejected sacrifices, ritual baths, image worship, austerities and the scriptures of both Hindus and Muslims.
- It was Guru Gobind Singh who defined its five symbols: uncut hair, a dagger, a pair of shorts, a comb and a steel bangle.
There are 5 questions to complete.