UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 121
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 121.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Economic reforms of 1991
Partition of India
Migration of indentured labour from pre-independent India
Most of the current and future demographic potential is locked in the northern States, and largely located in Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh. As per population projections, these five States will account for more than 55% of population growth in India till 2030. Those who are under 15 years of age today will become India's working population in the coming decades, and almost every second person in this age group resides in these five States.
The proportion of the elderly started increasing in the southern States several years ago. Now, the phenomenon has extended to the western, extreme northern and eastern States. In the coming decades, they will require a young workforce to keep institutions functioning efficiently, and also to take care of the elderly. This need is likely to be met by people from the youthful north, with many moving to the ageing States. Already, the migration trend is evident, with established flows of young people from these States to other parts. The divergent demographic transition in the high-low TFR States will add further impetus to this movement in the coming decades.
From 2017: TH ;
Map source: Medium.com ;
Improvisation: Th (Reference to the term Great Indian Migration, though this is with reference to Census 2011 figures);
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
An investment in the form of a controlling ownership in a business in one country by an entity based in another country.
An institution established or incorporated outside India which proposes to make investment in securities in India.
A business strategy in which a domestic firm expands its operations to a foreign country.
A type of funds provided for replacement and renovation of industries associated with industrial exports.
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Grassroots environmental activists
Corporations engaging in and promoting sustainable utilisation of natural resources
Nongovernmental environmental organisations involved in protecting and documenting tribal biodiversity knowledge systems
Governmental Institutions that proactively take effective steps to protect biodiversity
- Prafulla Samantara, one of the GEP 2017 winners, helped to stop a $2bn mining project on ancestral lands in Odisha. He led the Dongria Kondh tribe to a landmark victory in the Supreme Court over Vedanta Resources Ltd.
- About the Goldman Environmental Prize : The Goldman Environmental Prize honors grassroots environmental heroes from the world's six inhabited continental regions.
- It recognizes individuals for sustained and significant efforts to protect and enhance the natural environment, often at great personal risk.
- The Goldman Prize views "grassroots" leaders as those involved in local efforts, where positive change is created through community or citizen participation in the issues that affect them.
BBC: GEP 2017 ; "
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Dr. Arvind Subramanian
Shri N.K. Singh
Shri Urjit Patel
Shri Sumit Bose
The Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Committee are as under:
- To review the working of the FRBM Act over last 12 years and to suggest the way forward, keeping in view the broad objective of fiscal consolidation and prudence and the changes required in the context of the uncertainty and volatility in the global economy;
- To look into various aspects, factors, considerations going into determining the FRBM targets
- To examine the need and feasibility of having a 'fiscal deficit range' as the target in place of the existing fixed numbers(percentage of GDP) as fiscal deficit target; if so, the specific recommendations of the Committee thereon; and
- To examine the need and feasibility of aligning the fiscal expansion or contraction with credit contraction or expansion respectively in the economy.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. India has been ranked at 131st position among the 190 countries.
2. India's ranking s highest among the BRICS nations Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. India ranks lowest in Doing Business among the BRICS nations. Russia (40), South Africa (74), China (78), Brazil (123) and India (130).