UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 122
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 122.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 96 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Kelp thrives in cold, nutrient-rich waters. Because kelp attaches to the seafloor and eventually grows to the water's surface and relies on sunlight to generate food and energy, kelp forests are always coastal and require shallow, relatively clear water. Generally speaking, kelps live further from the tropics than coral reefs, mangrove forests, and warm-water seagrass beds, so kelp forests do not overlap with those systems. Like those systems, though, kelp forests provide important three-dimensional, underwater habitat that is home to hundreds or thousands of species of invertebrates, fishes, and other algae. Some species aggregate and spawn in kelp forests or utilize these areas as juvenile nursery habitat. Large predatory species of sharks and marine mammals are known to hunt in the long corridors that form in kelp forests between rows of individual plants.
Question 97 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- "Operation Peace Spring" is a military operation against Kurdish-led forces in north-eastern Syria.
- The military operation is led by Turkey together with the Syrian National Army.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Operation Peace Spring is Turkey led military operation against Kurdish-led forces in north-eastern Syria. Turkey together with the Syrian National Army launched Operation Peace Spring in the area. It wants to push back members of the YPG (Kurdish militia, the People's Protection Units), which it views as an extension of a Kurdish rebel group that has been fighting in Turkey for decades and is designated a terrorist organisation.
Question 98 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
National Mission for Sustaining Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE)
National Mission on Strategic Knowledge for Climate Change (NMSKCC)
Question 99 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
India and Brazil
South Africa and India
Brazil and Singapore
Russia and India
About: "The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace is a unique global network of policy research centers in Russia, China, Europe, the Middle East, India, and the United States. Our mission, dating back more than a century, is to advance peace through analysis and development of fresh policy ideas and direct engagement and collaboration with decision makers in government, business, and civil society.." Founded in 1910, Carnegie is the oldest international affairs think tank in the United States.
Improvisation: TH ; Articles by members affiliated to Carnegie often in the news;
Question 100 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- Fixed Deposit
- Recurring Deposit
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
- Account should be denominated in Indian Rupees.
- Permissible credits to NRO account are transfers from rupee accounts of non-resident banks, remittances received in permitted currency from outside India through normal banking channels, permitted currency tendered by account holder during his temporary visit to India, legitimate dues in India of the account holder like current income like rent, dividend, pension, interest, etc., sale proceeds of assets including immovable property acquired out of rupee/foreign currency funds or by way of legacy/ inheritance.
- NRI/PIO may remit from the balances held in NRO account an amount not exceeding USD one million per financial year, subject to payment of applicable taxes.
- The limit of USD 1 million per financial year includes sale proceeds of immovable properties held by NRIs/PIOs.