UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 125
- There are substantially lesser amount of paintings found from Lower Paleolithic period
- In India, earliest paintings have been reported from Upper Paleolithic period
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- Prehistoric paintings have been found in many parts of the world. We do not really know if Lower Palaeolithic people ever produced any art objects. Hence statement 1 is correct.
- But by the Upper Palaeolithic times we see a proliferation of artistic activities. Around the world the walls of many caves of this time are full of finely carved and painted pictures of animals which the cave-dwellers hunted. The subjects of their drawings were human figures, human activities, geometric designs and symbols.
- In India the earliest paintings have been reported from the Upper Palaeolithic times. Hence statement 2 is correct.
- Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
- Khangchendzonga National Park
- Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve
- Panna National Park
1 and 3 only
2 and 4 only
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
- Mission aims at hard landing on Moon
- Mission aims to deliver samples of lunar rock and dust to Earth
- Robotic Spacecraft will land on south pole Aitken basin on far side of moon
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
1 and 3
The Chang'e-4 mission is part of a larger Chinese program of lunar exploration, with two return missions planned to deliver lunar rock and soil to Earth for research
The probe, the Chang'e-4, entered a planned orbit on Sunday "to prepare for the first-ever soft landing on the far side of the moon"
- Logistics cost with regard to transportation of goods in India is more as compared to China and European countries
- At present, India has five National Waterways
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
"Mr. Gadkari said by promoting water transport, logistics cost, which was 18 per cent in India as compared to barely 8-10 per cent in China and 10-12 per cent in European countries, would come down significantly."
National Waterway - 6 (Lakhipur-Bhanga) was proposed earlier, but the bill lapsed.
- Information Technology & Information Technology enabled Services (IT& ITeS)
- Transport and Logistics Services
- Environmental Services
- Accounting and Finance Services
- Education Services
1, 2, 3
1, 2, 3, 4
2, 3, 4, 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Champion Services Sectors refers to the 12 identified sectors where the Government wants to give focused attention for promoting their development, and realizing their potential. These include Information Technology & Information Technology enabled Services (IT& ITeS), Tourism and Hospitality Services, Medical Value Travel, Transport and Logistics Services, Accounting and Finance Services, Audio Visual Services, Legal Services, Communication Services, Construction and Related Engineering Services, Environmental Services, Financial Services and Education Services. "