UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 127
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
China to become world's first country to launch a lunar probe on far side of moon. The mission is called Chang'e 4 project.China began their lunar exploration program in 2007 by launching a simple lunar orbiter named 'Chang'e 1'. The second mission in the program named 'Chang'e 2' was launched in 2010, and it was later followed by the third mission 'Chang'e 3'.
A kind of salutation.
A kind of revenue system.
A title given to the courtier
A kind of crop brought to India by the British.
Kornish was a form of ceremonial salutation in which the courtier placed the palm of his right hand against his forehead and bent his head. It suggested that the subject placed his head - the seat of the senses and the mind - into the hand of humility, presenting it to the royal assembly. "
- It defines a child as a person who has not completed 21 years in case of males and 18 years in case of females.
- It prescribes rigorous imprisonment even for a person who performs, abets, directs or conducts a child marriage.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- non-payment of revenue in ryotwari areas.
- no-chowkidara-tax campaign in zamindari areas
- violation of forest laws in the Central Provinces
1, 2, 3
Gandhi's arrest came on May 4, 1930 when he had announced that he would lead a raid on Dharasana Salt Works on the west coast. Gandhi's arrest was followed by massive protests in Bombay, Delhi, Calcutta and in Sholapur, where the response was the most fierce. After Gandhi's arrest, the CWC sanctioned:
- non-payment of revenue in ryotwari areas;
- no-chowkidara-tax campaign in zamindari areas; and
- violation of forest laws in the Central Provinces.
- The primary goal of HysIS is to study the earth's surface in the visible, near infrared and shortwave infrared regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- GSLV MK.II was used to launch HysIS satellite.
- India is the first country to launch such a satellite.
HysIS, the primary satellite of PSLV-C43 mission, weighing about 380 kg, is an earth observation satellite configured around ISRO's Mini Satellite-2 (IMS-2) bus. The primary goal of HysIS is to study the earth's surface in the visible, near infrared and shortwave infrared regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Data from the satellite will be used for a wide range of applications including agriculture, forestry, soil/geological environments, coastal zones and inland waters, etc.
It is India's first hyperspectral imaging satellite for advanced earth observation developed indigenously by ISRO. Globally, very few space agencies have such a satellite, so India is not first to launch it.