UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 131
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- The Punjab State is divided into three regions namely Majha, Doaba and Malwa.
- The Malwa area makes up majority of the Punjab region.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Malwa is the region of Punjab that lies to the south of Majha, separated by the Satluj river, and to the north and west of Poadh.
Malwa is a historical region of west-central India occupying a plateau of volcanic origin. Geologically, the Malwa Plateau generally refers to the volcanic upland north of the Vindhya Range. Politically and administratively, the historical Malwa region includes districts of western Madhya Pradesh and parts of south-eastern Rajasthan. The definition of Malwa is sometimes extended to include the Nimar region south of the Vindhyas.
Both 1 and 2 only
Neither 1 and 2 only
Karnataka is the largest producer of gold in India. The state has recoverable reserves of 17.5 million tonnes of gold ore containing 42,023 kg of metal, mainly in Kolar, Dharwad, Hassan and Raichur districts.
Limboo and Tamang communities prominently found in Sikkim state. "
- 5 and PM10
- Carbon dioxide
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 4 only
1 and 4 only
- It is first of its kind and most advanced system in India.
- SAFAR was developed indigenously by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune and operationalized by India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- It has been introduced for greater metropolitan cities of India to provide location-specific information on air quality in near real time and its forecast 1-3 days in advance for the first time in India.
- It is integral part of India's first Air Quality Early Warning System operational in Delhi. It will monitor all weather parameters like temperature, rainfall, humidity, wind speed and wind direction.
- Pollutants monitored: PM1, PM2.5, PM10, Ozone, CO, NOx (NO, NO2), SO2, BC, Methane (CH4),Non-methane hydrocarbons (NMHC), VOC's, Benzene, Mercury.
- Monitored Meteorological Parameters: UV Radiation, Rainfall, Temperature, Humidity, Wind speed, Wind direction, solar radiation.
- Significance of the system:
- It has been introduced for greater metropolitan cities of India to provide location-specific information on air quality in near real time and its forecast 1-3 days in advance for the first time inIndia.
- The World Meteorological Organization has recognised SAFAR as a prototype activity on the basis of the high quality control and standards maintained in its implementation.
- The ultimate objective of the project is to increase awareness among general public regarding the air quality in their city well in advance so that appropriate mitigation measures and systematic action can be taken up for betterment of air quality and related health issues.
Providing housing loan to poor people at cheaper interest rates
Promoting women's self-help groups in backward areas
Promoting financial inclusion in the country
None of the above