UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 133
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 133.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Beginning of meteorology can be traced back to the era of Upanishads.
- Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) provides service to Seismology and aviation sector.
- IMD has changed the old terminology of 'drought year' to 'deficient year' in its new terminology.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
The beginning of meteorology can be traces back to the ancient times. Early philosophical writings of 3000 B.C. era, such as the Upanishads, contains serious discussion about the formation of cloud and rain and the seasonal cycle caused due to the movement of the earth round the sun.
IMD provides services to Agrometeorology, Astronomical Science, Aviation Meterorology, seismology, Cyclone, Environmental monitoring, Hydrometeorology, Meteorology, Satellite services etc.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- There was a large influx of refugees to India from East Bengal (Bangladesh) in 1971.
- Enclaves in India and Bangladesh were exchanged by the 2 countries with the passage the 100th Amendment to the Indian Constitution.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The new rules stipulate setting up of a State Wetlands Authority in each State and union territories.
- The rules prohibit activities like conversion of wetland for non-wetland uses.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. The rules prohibit activities like conversion of wetland for non-wetland uses including encroachment of any kind, setting up of any industry and expansion of existing industries, manufacture or handling or storage or disposal of hazardous substances and construction and demolition waste, solid waste dumping, discharge of untreated wastes and effluents from industries, cities, towns, villages and other human settlements.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
The pollinator crisis
Melting Arctic ice cap
Israel-Arab peace process
The Oslo Accords (Israel-Palestine peace process) marked the start of the Oslo process, a peace process aimed at achieving a peace treaty based on certain United Nations Security Council Resolutions, and at fulfilling the "right of the Palestinian people to self-determination."
The Camp David Accords (Israel-Egypt peace process) were signed by Egyptian President Anwar El Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin on 17 September 1978, following twelve days of secret negotiations at Camp David. Due to the agreement, Sadat and Begin received the shared 1978 Nobel Peace Prize.