UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 137
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 137.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- There is no provision in the Constitution regarding this
- It can entertained only after a curative petition has been disposed
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Article 137 of the Indian Constitution provides for a review petition (Review of judgments or orders by the Supreme Court). A curative petition may be entertained only after a review petition has been disposed.
"The court ruled that a curative petition can be entertained if the petitioner establishes there was a violation of the principles of natural justice, and that he was not heard by the court before passing an order. It will also be admitted where a judge failed to disclose facts that raise the apprehension of bias."
"The SC has held that curative petitions must be rare rather than regular, and be entertained with circumspection. A curative petition must be accompanied by certification by a senior advocate, pointing out substantial grounds for entertaining it. It must be first circulated to a bench of the three senior most judges, and the judges who passed the concerned judgment, if available. Only when a majority of the judges conclude that the matter needs hearing should it be listed - as far as possible, before the same Bench."
Note that in this instance an exception has been made wherein the prisoner's curative petition has already been dismissed and yet, a fresh review petition has been allowed to be filed. "
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
The delta of River Amazon
- The last major unknown region on Earth has just been surveyed: the South Pole.
- Although the Americans have had a base at the bottom of the planet for decades, what lies underneath the thick ice there has been a mystery.
- Now, European scientists have flown instruments back and forth across the pole to map its hidden depths. As well as finding previously unknown valleys and mountains, the team says it has acquired important data that will have uses far from Antarctica.
- Known as PolarGAP, the project was largely funded by the European Space Agency (Esa) to gather measurements over an area of Earth that its satellites cannot see, as they generally only fly up to about 83 degrees in latitude.
- In particular, Esa wanted to understand the pole's gravity field, to complete the dataset gathered by its recent gravity-sensing spacecraft, GOCE (Gravity Field and Steady-State Ocean Circulation Explorer).
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Charter Act of 1813
Charter Act of 1793
Charter Act of 1833
Indian Councils Act 1861
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The establishment of a uniform civil code has been enshrined in the Constitution through the Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Article 45 deals with the uniform civil code for all citizens.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Its high population in the age group below 15 years
its high population in the age group of 15 to 64 years
Its high population in the age group above 65 years
Its high total population