UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 138
The headquarters of the Gadar party
An Ashram adopted by the Indian National Congress in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi
A seditious publication of the India House, London
A war memorial established by the British government for Indian freedom fighters in 1948
The Hindustan Association of the Pacific Coast, known as the Gadar Party was founded in 1913 to free India from British slavery.
The headquarters of the association was established initially at 436 Hill Street, San Francisco and named as "Yugantar Ashram." The GoI decided in 2013 to convert this memorial into a library and Museum.
- Tides are the response to the gravitational pull of the sun, the rotation of the earth and the moon.
- In the open, ocean tidal currents are relatively weak.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- The periodic rise and fall of the waters in the oceans is called tides. Tides are the response to the gravitational pull of the sun, the rotation of the earth and the moon. The moon has the biggest influence on the earth's tides, because it is closest but the sun also has a significant effect.
- In the open ocean tidal currents are relatively weak. Near estuary entrances, narrow straits and inlets, the speed of tidal currents can reach up to several kilometers per hour.
- Bioplastics can be made from used plastic bottles containing microorganisms
- All bioplastics are biodegradable
- Bioplastics can increase stratospheric ozone depletion compared to conventional plastics
Bioplastics are plastics derived from renewable biomass sources, such as vegetable fats and oils, corn starch, straw, woodchips, food waste, etc. Bioplastic can be made from agricultural by-products and also from used plastic bottles and other containers using microorganisms.
Not all bioplastics are biodegradable nor biodegrade more readily than commodity fossil-fuel derived plastics.
Bioplastics and other bio-based materials increase stratospheric ozone depletion compared to conventional plastics; this is a result of nitrous oxide emissions during fertilizer application during industrial farming for biomass production. "
- A chemical reaction between ultraviolet radiation and sulphur oxides causes photochemical smog
- It usually occurs in the night
- Ozone is produced during the formation of photochemical smog
1 and 3 Only
1 and 2 Only
1,2 and 3 Only
It is also based on previous UPSC question.
Option A is wrong as it is oxides of nitrogen
Option B is wrong, as photochemical smog requires sunlight and occurs in the morning or in afternoon
Option C is right ( see explanation below - second paragraph)
Photochemical smog forms from a complex process, however the source of it is quite apparent. The largest contributor is automobiles, while coal-fired power plants and some other power plants also produce the necessary pollutants to facilitate its production. Due to its abundance in areas of warmer temperatures , photochemical smog is most common in the summer. 
It forms in the morning when a tremendous number people are driving their vehicles to work. Nitrogen oxides produced in the car engine are introduced into the atmosphere, which may combine with water to form nitric acid or react with sunlight to produce singular oxygen atoms, which then combine with molecular oxygen to produce ozone .  The nitric acid may precipitate to the Earth resulting in acid rain , or remain in the smog. Due to the direct production of it by vehicles, the smog forms over cities where many people may encounter its adverse health effects.
Hotter days mean more photochemical smog, especially in the densely populated cities such as those mentioned above. As more and more urban populations arise around the globe, this problem is only expected to increase