UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 143
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
" Nanda Dynasty was preceded by Sisunagas and succeeded by Maurya Empire"
- The first railway line was from Bombay to Thane.
- The first passenger railway line was the Red Hill Railroad line, Madras.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Six Scorpene-class submarines are being built under Project-75 by Mumbai's Mazgaon Docks Limited (MDL) with technology transfer from France.
- Kalvari is named after a deep-sea tiger shark (in Malayalam).
- This type of submarine is designed to operate in all theatres including the Tropics.
- It can undertake various types of missions that are undertaken by any modern submarine including anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, mine laying, intelligence gathering, surveillance, etc.
- With its superior stealth capability, it can launch a crippling attack on the enemy using precision guided weapons. The attack can be launched with torpedoes, as well as tube launched anti-ship missiles, whilst underwater or on surface.
About INS Kalvari: ;
Improvisation: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=174299 ;
- Paika Rebellion was led by Bakshi Jagabandhu.
- Paikas were essentially the peasant militias of the Gajapati rulers of Odisha.
In 1817, some 400 Kondhs, who belonged to the state of Ghumsur, banded together to revolt against the British. Bakshi Jagabandhu Bidyadhar Mohapatra Bharamarbar Rai, the highest-ranking military general of King of Khorda Mukund Dev II, led the Paikas to join the uprising.
- Adriatic Sea Serbia
- Black Sea Croatia
- Caspian Sea Kazakhstan
- Mediterranean Sea Morocco
- Red Sea Syria
1, 2 and 5 only
3 and 4 only
1, 3 and 4 only
1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- The countries with coasts on the Adriatic are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Italy, Montenegro and Slovenia.