UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 144
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
A basic Android app used as a training tool to enable a bunch of villagers to identify mental health disorders.
A basic Android app used as a training tool to enable a bunch of villagers to identify health disorders.
A basic Android app which provides government service at door steps.
None of the above
- Similar project like iBobbly in India
- Meaning: Compassion in Sanskrit.
- This project involves using short films loaded on a basic Android app as a training tool to enable a bunch of villagers to identify mental health disorders.
- The project was rolled out in the Peth block of Nashik district, Maharashtra, in December 2013, making mental health care accessible to many in this part for the first time
Foreign Institutional Investment
External Commercial Borrowing
Foreign Direct Investment
FDI is one of the reliable type of investment. FDI investment setup business in an economy, provide jobs and increase economic activities. "
- Under this project, the image of passengers will be captured once these passengers will enter the airport.
- DigiYatra is an industry-led initiative coordinated by the Ministry of Electronics and information technology in line with Digital India programme.
- The DigiYatra programme is expected to be initially rolled out at airports in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Varanasi and Vijayawada
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Statement 2 is incorrect: DigiYatra is an industry-led initiative coordinated by the Ministry of Civil Aviation in line with Digital India programme.
Statement 3 is correct: The DigiYatra programme is expected to be initially rolled out at airports in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Varanasi and Vijayawada
- The President can nominate Anglo-Indians to the Rajya Sabha if they have special knowledge or practical experience in art, literature, science and social service.
- While the Deputy Chairman performs the duties of the Chairman's office when it is vacant or absent, any one of the members of the panel of vice-chairpersons can preside over the house only in the absence of the Deputy Chairman.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 1: The president nominates 12 members to the Rajya Sabha from people who have special knowledge or practical experience in art, literature, science and social service. (Such eminent persons can be Anglo-Indians too.)
Statement 2: Under the Rules of Rajya Sabha, the Chairman nominates from amongst the members a panel of vice- chairpersons. Any one of them can preside over the House in the absence of the Chairman or the Deputy Chairman. He has the same powers as the Chairman when so presiding. He holds office until a new panel of vice-chairpersons is nominated. When a member of the panel of vice-chairpersons is also not present, any other person as determined by the House acts as the Chairman.
It must be emphasised here that a member of the panel of vice-chairpersons cannot preside over the House, when the office of the Chairman or the Deputy Chairman is vacant. During such time, the Chairman's duties are to be performed by such member of the House as the president may appoint for the purpose. The elections are held, as soon as possible, to fill the vacant posts.
- West Texas Intermediate.
- Brent Crude.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
- Brent Crude: Roughly two-thirds of all crude contracts around the world reference Brent Crude, making it the most widely used marker of all. These days, "Brent" actually refers to oil from four different fields in the North Sea: Brent, Forties, Oseberg, and Ekofisk. Crude from this region is light and sweet, making them ideal for the refining of diesel fuel, gasoline, and other high-demand products. And because the supply is waterborne, it's easy to transport to distant locations.
- West Texas Intermediate (WTI): WTI refers to oil extracted from wells in the U.S. and sent via pipeline to Cushing, Oklahoma. The fact that supplies are land-locked is one of the drawbacks to West Texas crude as it's relatively expensive to ship to certain parts of the globe. The product itself is very light and very sweet, making it ideal for gasoline refining, in particular. WTI continues to be the main benchmark for oil consumed in the United States.
- Dubai/Oman: This Middle Eastern crude is a useful reference for oil of a slightly lower grade than WTI or Brent. A "basket" product consisting of crude from Dubai, Oman or Abu Dhabi, it's somewhat heavier and has higher sulfur content, putting it in the "sour" category. Dubai/Oman is the main reference for Persian Gulf oil delivered to the Asian market.