UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 147
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The financing of the Mission shall be shared between the Centre and the States/UTs. Thus, statement 2 is incorrect.
1. Fixing the minimum wage
2. Fixing the number of hours that will constitute a working day
3. Determination of bonus
4. Penalties to be imposed for contravening any provision of the code
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1, 2 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 4 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
Intended to bring relief to both employers and employees, the Code amalgamates, simplifies and rationalises the relevant provisions of the four Central labour enactments, namely the Payment of Wages Act, 1936; the Minimum Wages Act, 1948; the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965; and the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976. The four Acts will stand repealed with the passage of the Bill. Facilitating easier compliance of the law, the Code will ultimately create conditions for setting up of more enterprises and fresh employment opportunities.
- The Long Period Average (LPA) is the average rainfall received over a 50-year period preceding the year in which a forecast is made
- A rainfall deficiency of even 2% of the LPA can result in drought-like conditions in some pockets in the country
- In its first seasonal forecast each year, the IMD issues monsoon forecasts region-wise, apart from the country as a whole
1 and 2 Only
2 and 3 Only
1 and 3 Only
1,2 and 3
"India receives about 116 cm of rainfall every year. A large part of this, 89 cm, comes in the four-month monsoon season from June to September. These numbers are averages of rainfall received over a 50-year period between 1951 and 2001, called the Long Period Average or LPA, and are treated as 'normal' "
"The long range forecast, the one that was issued on Tuesday, can only be done over a large geographical area, and for a prolonged period of time. Over a smaller area, forecasts can be done only for shorter periods of time. In its first seasonal forecast in April, the IMD, therefore, includes just one number: the probability of rainfall over the country as a whole over the entire four-month period."
- Manas National Park
- Kaziranga National Park
- Orang National Park
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary