UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 150
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Which of the following is/are correct with respect to electronic national agriculture market (e-NAM)?
- NAM is a pan India electronic trading portal.
- It links all the APMC mandis and provides information like commodity arrivals/prices, buy and sell trade offers, etc.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Which of the following is/are correct about China's Hongyun Project?
- It is the first communication satellite to provide broadband internet services worldwide.
- It will offer round-the-clock communication services to users in polar regions, who now have difficulties accessing telecommunication and internet services.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
The official history of Earth has a new chapter -and we are in it. Called the 'Meghalayan Age' (within the Holocene epoch), its onset was marked by
Dramatic warming that ended the most recent glacial period about 11,500 years ago.
Abrupt cooling, attributed to vast volumes of freshwater from melting glaciers running into the oceans and disrupting ocean currents.
A mega-drought that crushed a number of civilization's worldwide.
The beginning of Industrial revolution.
Question 3 Explanation:
- Geologists have classified the last 4,200 years as being a distinct age in the story of our planet. They are calling it the Meghalayan Age, the onset of which was marked by a mega-drought that crushed a number of civilization's worldwide.
- We currently live in what is called the Holocene Epoch, which reflects everything that has happened over the past 11,700 years -since a dramatic warming kicked us out of the last ice age.
- But the Holocene itself can be subdivided, according to the International Commission on Stratigraphy (ICS).
- It is the official keeper of geologic time and it proposed three stages be introduced to denote the epoch's upper, middle and lower phases.
- These all record major climate events. The Meghalayan, the youngest stage, runs from 4,200 years ago to the present. It began with a destructive drought, whose effects lasted two centuries, and severely disrupted civilizations in Egypt, Greece, Syria, Palestine, Mesopotamia, the Indus Valley, and the Yangtze River Valley.
- It was likely triggered by shifts in ocean and atmospheric circulation. The middle phase of the Holocene will be referred to as the Northgrippian, and runs from 8,300 years ago up to the start of the Meghalayan.
- The onset for this age was an abrupt cooling, attributed to vast volumes of freshwater from melting glaciers in Canada running into the North Atlantic and disrupting ocean currents.
- The oldest phase of the Holocene -the exit from the ice age -will be known as the Greenlandian.
- See image: A portion of an Indian stalagmite (from Meghalaya) that defines the beginning of the Meghalayan age.
Identify the correct statement with reference to "Fortification of foods".
Fortification of food is a technique of adding key vitamins ,minerals and other nutrients to staple foods
Fortification of food techniques main idea is to fight against malnourishment
Both A and B
None of the above
Question 4 Explanation:
Consider the following statements regarding Domestic Violence Act;
- The act is gender neutral regarding victims.
- The act covers physical as well as economic abuse.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 5 Explanation:
Statement 1 is incorrect. The act is not gender neutral with respect to the aggrieved persons. Only a female can be the aggrieved person under the act.
Statement 2 is correct. Act covers physical, sexual, verbal/emotional and economic abuse of the aggrieved person. Economic abuse is defined as including deprivation of financial resources required for survival of the victim and her children.
There are 5 questions to complete.