UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 152
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 152.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Base editing is an advance on a form of gene-editing known as Crispr, that is already revolutionising science.
* Crispr breaks DNA. When the body tries to repair the break, it deactivates a set of instructions called a gene. This presents an opportunity to insert new genetic information.
* Base editing works on the DNA bases themselves to convert one into another.
* Base editing technique is more efficient and has fewer unwanted side-effects than Crispr. About two-thirds of known human genetic variants associated with disease are point mutations. So base editing has the potential to directly correct, or reproduce for research purposes, many pathogenic [mutations].
* Some scientists questioned as to why they (Chinese researchers) did not do more animal research before jumping to human embryos and said the rules on embryo research in other countries would have been "more exacting".
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. Chagos Archipelago are group of seven atolls comprising more than 60 individual tropical islands in the Indian Ocean about 5000 kilometers south of the Maldives archipelago.
2.Diego Garcia, that houses the US military base, is the largest of the Chagos Islands.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Chagos Archipelago are group of seven atolls comprising more than 60 individual tropical islands in the Indian Ocean about 500 kilometers south of the Maldives archipelago. "
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Ancient temples in Rajasthan and Madhya Pardesh are made from sandstone
- Wooden buildings are prominently found in temples of hill region
- Ancient temples of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan share many traits. The most visible is that they are made of sandstone. Some of the oldest surviving structural temples from the Gupta Period are in Madhya Pradesh. Keep in mind that Rajasthan is the region of sandstones ( Refer to Class 12th Indian people and economy)
- The hills had their own tradition of wooden buildings with pitched roofs. At several places in the hills, therefore, you will find that while the main garbhagriha and shikhara are made in a rekha-prasada or latina style, the mandapa is of an older form of wooden architecture. Sometimes, the temple itself takes on a pagoda shape
GS 1 - Art and culture - architecture
- Temple tradition of hills can be asked specifically
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- El Salvador has, in a historic move, recognised forests as living entities. Its citizens, will now be required to preserve forests.
- El Salvador has lost about 85 per cent of its native forests since the 1960s, while Earth has lost about 80 per cent of its native forests.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Port of Galle
Port of Colombo