UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 153
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Frictional unemployment can be reduced by quickly matching prospective job seekers with job openings of interest.
- It can be reduced through monetary expansion.
- When the economy enters into a recession, frictional unemployment tends to increase.
1 and 2 Only
1 and 3 Only
2 and 3 Only
Statement 2 is incorrect. Frictional unemployment is the only form of unemployment that will not be reduced through monetary expansion. In fact, if monetary expansion occurs, more job openings will occur, thus potentially resulting in an increase of functional unemployment.
Statement 3 is incorrect. When the economy enters into a recession, frictional unemployment tends to decline. This is a result of workers being afraid to leave their current positions in search of new ones.
More about Frictional Unemployment:
- Frictional unemployment is always present in the economy, resulting from temporary transitions made by workers and employers or from workers and employers having inconsistent or incomplete information.
Frictional unemployment is beneficial to the economy. It is an indicator that individuals are seeking better positions.
Yellow vests movement is a populist, grassroots political movement for economic justice that began in France in November 2018. The movement is motivated by rising fuel prices, high cost of living, and claims that a disproportionate burden of the government's tax reforms were falling on the working and middle classes, especially in rural and peri-urban areas.
- Proclamation imposing President's Rule in states has been originally mentioned in the constitution of India
- Upon the imposition of this rule, Vidhan Sabha is either dissolved or prorogued
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- Article 356 of the Constitution of India gives President of India the power to suspend state government and impose President's rule of any state in the country if "if he is satisfied that a situation has arisen in which the government of the state cannot be carried on in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution".
- Upon the imposition of this rule, there would be no Council of Ministers. The Vidhan Sabha is either dissolved or prorogued.
- The state will fall under the direct control of the Union government, and the Governor will continue to be head the proceedings, representing the President of India - who is the Head of the State.
- The imposition of the President's rule requires the sanction of both the houses of Parliament.
- If approved, it can go on for a period of six months. However, the imposition cannot be extended for more than three years, and needs to be brought before the two houses every six months for approval.
there was no Indian member in the Simon Commission
Indians never wanted the review of the working of the Act of 1919
the Simon Commission suggested the partition of the country
Simon Commission recommended the abolition of Dyarchy (Diarchy) in the Provinces
The use of swear words against the gods.
A long day of fast by devotees followed by piercing of their bodies.
The fire walking ceremony.
The trading of donkeys which are decorated in various colours.
"Once a year, the usual peace of the Coorg hills is rent by expletives and abuse, the staccato beat of plastic drums, and rhythmic chants and yells. Then, from the muted shades of green and brown foliage emerge the neon-yellow-silver-red Jenu Kurumba men. They are dressed as women, in a playful take on Western sexuality. They are walking to a forest temple to invert normality - they will not worship but berate the gods."
"Liberated by disguise and alcohol, the Kunde festival topples the norms - gods, passers-by and plantation owners are all cheerfully abused by the labour force, as today they stand upright rather than bent over the coffee bushes. Kunde Habba in the local dialect means the festival of abusing god. Screams and laughter are in the air but this crazy carnival serves a purpose - it's a social pressure cooker that allows everyone to let off steam. The static hierarchy of the hills is blown open for a day, which makes the rest of the year more bearable for those near the bottom."