UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 154
Rani Laxmi Bai
Begum Hazrat Mahal
- Hyperloop envisages a 'tube modular transport system' that runs free of friction.
- It is a brainchild idea of technology entrepreneur ElonMusk .
- India's first Hyperloop project will come up in Karnataka, connecting its city centres, Bangalore and Mysore.
- The project will be taken up in the public-private- partnership mode with the funding coming primarily from private investors.
1, 2 and 3
2, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 4
1, 2, 3 and 4
Statement 1, 2 and 4: is Correct:
- Hyperloop Technology is a system of magnetically levitating capsules (pods) that are sent at high speeds through low-pressure tubes.
- Hyperloop Technology is brainchild idea of technology entrepreneur Elon Musk who dubs it as fifth mode of transportation.
- Hyperloop envisages a 'tube modular transport system' that runs free of friction. It is still in trial stages in different countries.
- They are an ethnic group in Myanmar and is not granted full citizenship by the government of Myanmar.
- Ethnically they are much closer to Indo-Aryan people of India and Bangladesh than to the Sino-Tibetans of Myanmar.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
- Works under the auspices of the International Maritime Organisation
- Is organising the Ocean Discovery XPRIZE, a global competition challenging teams to advance deep-sea technologies for ocean floor exploration
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
GEBCO's aim is to provide the most authoritative publicly-available bathymetry of the world's oceans. It is a non-profit organisation that operates under the joint auspices of the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) (of UNESCO). GEBCO has its origins at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Gebco and the Nippon Foundation announced in 2017 the Seabed 2030, a project that aims to map the entire sea floor by the year 2030 using data gathered from vessels around the world.
Regarding statement 2: A GEBCO-Nippon Foundation team is participating in the Shell Ocean Discovery XPRIZE, a global competition challenging teams to advance deep-sea technologies for ocean floor exploration.
Source/Improvisation: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180404-the-quest-to-map-the-mysteries-of-the-ocean-floor ;
About GEBCO: https://www.gebco.net/about_us/overview/ ; "
The state legislature shall provide for the reservation of one seat for the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes and two seats for women on the board of every co-operative society having members from such a category of persons. The term of office of elected members of the board and its office bearers shall be five years from the date of election.
The state legislature shall make provisions for co-option of persons having experience in the field of banking, management, finance or specialisation in any other related field, as members of the board. But, the number of such co-opted members shall not exceed two (in addition to twenty-one directors). Further, the co-opted members shall not have the right to vote in any election of the co-operative society or be eligible to be elected as office bearers of the board.
The functional directors of a co-operative society shall also be the members of the board and such members shall be excluded for the purpose of counting the total number of directors (that is, twentyone).