YOU CAN DOWNLOAD 200+ SUBJECTS PDF BOOK FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS
UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 155
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is a megalith carved out of one single rock.
- It is attributed to the Rashtrakuta king Krishna I.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 2 only
1, 2 and 3
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is a saving institution.
- They have regular members who make periodical subscriptions to the fund.
- Chit funds are included in the definition of Non- Banking Financial Companies.
Only 1 and 2
Only 2 and 3
Only 1 and 3
All of the above
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- It releases funds for research and related infrastructure.
- It has been granted license under the RBI Act.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
RBI has granted a license under the RBI Act for HEFA to operate as NBFC on 21stNovember 2017 and to leverage the equity to mobilise money from market as per the requirements of the institutions. Thus, statement 2 is correct.
The HEFA is a novel method of funding the premier institutions by using the instrument of 'securitising the future flows'. Under this, each institution agrees to escrow a specific amount from their internally earned resources (not govt grants) to HEFA. This forms basis for a credit line which can be used by the institution for creating the required capital and research assets. The Principal portion is repaid from the escrowed amount and the interest is met by Govt. For the institution, this is an interest-free amount and gives facility to the institution to build the required research infrastructure of world class.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Supreme Court is authorized to grant in its discretion special leave to appeal from any judgment in any matter passed by any court or tribunal in the country including military tribunal and court martial
- It can be granted in any judgment whether final or interlocutory
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- The Supreme Court is authorised to grant in its discretion special leave to appeal from any judgement in any matter passed by any court or tribunal in the country (except military tribunal and court martial). This provision contains the four aspects as under:
- It is a discretionary power and hence, cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- It can be granted in any judgement whether final or interlocutory.
- It may be related to any matter-constitutional, civil, criminal, income tax, labour, revenue, advocates, etc.
- It can be granted against any court or tribunal and not necessarily against a high court (except a military court).
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Cantonment Board is set up under the provisions of the Cantonments Act of 2006-a legislation enacted by the Central government.
- It consists of partly elected and partly nominated members.
- The president of the board is elected by the elected members from amongst themselves for a term of five years.
- The executive officer of the cantonment board is appointed by the president of India.
1, 2 and 3
2, 3 and 4
1, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 4
A cantonment board consists of partly elected and partly nominated members. The elected members hold office for a term of five years while the nominated members (i.e., ex-officio members) continue so long as they hold the office in that station. The military officer commanding the station is the exofficio president of the board and presides over its meetings. The vice-president of the board is elected by the elected members from amongst themselves for a term of five years.
The executive officer of the cantonment board is appointed by the president of India. He implements all the resolutions and decisions of the board and its committees. He belongs to the central cadre established for the purpose.