UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 156
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 156.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 11 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Maratha did not emphasised on the development of trade and industry.
Maratha did not give importance to science and technology for the development of modern weaponry.
Both A and B
Neither A nor B
Maratha did not emphasised on Science and technology for the development modern weaponry.
Maratha did not emphasised on the development of trade and industry. They were interested in raising revenue from the helpless peasantry and failed to give sound administration to the people. They were more focussed towards waging wars and bringing more and more territories under their control. They were not concerned about consolidating their gains. It seems they lacked outlook and program necessary for founding all India empire.
Question 12 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is launched by Ministry of MSME's to provide interest free loans.
- It has been especially introduced to provide emergency working capital against confirmed government orders.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 13 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Consider the following statements about Geothermal energy.
1. Geothermal fields are situated in circum-pacific margins and rift zones of East Africa.
2. The production of geothermal energy does not produce any greenhouse gases.
3. In India, the Puga valley in the Ladakh region is the potential geothermal field.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
1, 2, 3
- Geothermal energy is natural heat from the interior of the earth that can be used to generate electricity as well as to heat up buildings.
Major geothermal fields are situated in circum-pacific margins, rift zones of East Africa, North Africa, Mediterranean basin of Europe, across Asia to Pacific.
In India, exploration and study of geothermal fields started in 1970. The GSI (Geological Survey of India) has identified 350 geothermal energy locations in the country. The most promising of these is in Puga valley of Ladakh. The estimated potential for geothermal energy in India is about 10000 MW.
Geothermal Energy production releases greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane."
Question 14 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is neither a planet nor a natural satellite.
- It revolves around a star.
- It has cleared the neighborhood objects around its orbit.
- Pluto is a dwarf Planet.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1 and 3 only
2, 3 and 4 only
3 and 4 only
1, 2 and 4 only
Planets are the celestial bodies which revolves around a star or sun. If planets are failed to clear the objects in their path of revolution, then planets are recognized as "Dwarf Planets".
So, a dwarf planet is one
- It revolves around a star or sun, so they are not natural satellites (moon).
- Pluto became dwarf planet in last decade since it is not satisfied planet definition.
Along with Pluto - Eris, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake are also dwarf planets. "
Question 15 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Fly ash is one of the coal combustion products and is composed of fine particles that are driven out of the boiler with flue gases.
- Andhra Pradesh has recently approved the State Thermal Power Plant Ash Utilization Policy.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2