UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 156
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 156.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 21 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Tribhanga is a very feminine stance where the body is deflected at the neck, torso and the knees.
- Sattriya dance form is exclusively based on the Tribhanga posture.
1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is incorrect. The Sattriya dance form is not exclusively based on the Tribhanga posture. Sattriya dance tradition is governed by strictly laid down principles in respect of has tamudras, footworks, aharyas, music etc. This tradition, has two distinctly separate streams - the Bhaona-related repertoire starting from the Gayan- Bhayanar Nach to the Kharmanar Nach, secondly the dance numbers which are independent, such as Chali, Rajagharia Chali, Jhumura, Nadu Bhangi etc. Among them the Chali is characterized by gracefulness and elegance, while the Jhumura is marked by vigor and majestic beauty. Sattriya also reflects the influence of local folk dances of Assam.
Question 22 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1,2 and 3
2 and 3
1 and 3
Important Point about GSTN:
- The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) is a non-government non-profit private limited company created for providing the front end and back end IT and infrastructural support for the working of GST.
- Given its non-government nature, the shareholding is important. Here, the Governments -centre, states plus UTs hold 49% of GSTN. Central government holds 24.5% while the remaining governmental share of 24.5% is held by states and UTs. It has an authorized capital of Rs.10 crore to establish and operate the IT backbone of GST.
- The remaining 51% share is divided among five financial institutions-LIC Housing Finance with 11% stake and ICICI Bank, HDFC, HDFC Bank and NSE Strategic Investment Corporation Ltd with 10% stake each.
Following are the main functions of GSTN:
(i) facilitating registration;
(ii) filing and forwarding the returns to Central and State tax authorities;
(iii) computation and settlement of IGST;
(iv) matching of tax payment details with banking network;
(v) providing various Management Information System reports to Governments.
(vi) analysis of tax payers' profile; and
(vii) running the matching engine for input tax credit.
Question 23 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Election Commission can disqualify candidates who commit electoral malpractices.
- The Constitution empowers the Election Commission to decide whether a candidate has incurred disqualification by holding an office of profit.
What are the limitations of the EC's powers?
- The EC does not have the power to disqualify candidates who commit electoral malpractices. At best, it may direct the registration of a case.
- The EC also does not have the power to deregister any political party. However, the Constitution empowers the EC to decide whether a candidate has incurred disqualification by holding an office of profit under the appropriate government, or has been declared an insolvent, or acquired the citizenship of a foreign state.
When a question arises whether a candidate has incurred any of these disqualifications, the President of India or Governor has to refer it to the EC. The poll panel's decision on this is binding. "
Question 24 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
World Economic Forum
Question 25 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1, 2, 3, 4
3, 4, 5
2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1, 2, 4, 6
Predation, parasitism and commensalism share a common characteristic- the interacting species live closely together. "