UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 13
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Sufi saints discarded the materialistic life and refrained from court politics.
- Many Turkish Sultans did not simply need to demonstrate their association with sufis; they also required legitimation from them
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- The policy allows use of surplus food grains for production of ethanol for blending with petrol with the approval of National Biofuel Coordination Committee.
- It envisages an indicative target of 20% blending of ethanol in petrol and 5% blending of bio-diesel in diesel by 2030.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The National Policy on Biofuels-2018 approved by the Government envisages an indicative target of 20% blending of ethanol in petrol and 5% blending of bio-diesel in diesel by 2030.
National Policy on biofuels, 2018- salient features:
- The Policy categorises biofuels as "Basic Biofuels" viz. First Generation (1G) bioethanol & biodiesel and "Advanced Biofuels" - Second Generation (2G) ethanol, Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) to drop-in fuels, Third Generation (3G) biofuels, bio-CNG etc. to enable extension of appropriate financial and fiscal incentives under each category.
- The Policy expands the scope of raw material for ethanol production by allowing use of Sugarcane Juice, Sugar containing materials like Sugar Beet, Sweet Sorghum, Starch containing materials like Corn, Cassava, Damaged food grains like wheat, broken rice, Rotten Potatoes, unfit for human consumption for ethanol production.
- Farmers are at a risk of not getting appropriate price for their produce during the surplus production phase. Taking this into account, the Policy allows use of surplus food grains for production of ethanol for blending with petrol with the approval of National Biofuel Coordination Committee.
- With a thrust on Advanced Biofuels, the Policy indicates a viability gap funding scheme for 2G ethanol Bio refineries of Rs.5000 crore in 6 years in addition to additional tax incentives, higher purchase price as compared to 1G biofuels.
- The Policy encourages setting up of supply chain mechanisms for biodiesel production from non-edible oilseeds, Used Cooking Oil, short gestation crops.
- Roles and responsibilities of all the concerned Ministries/Departments with respect to biofuels has been captured in the Policy document to synergise efforts.
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Test to determine the heat of a planetary body.
Test carried out to determine the type of fever a person is suffering from
Test carried out on rabbits during drug testing
Test carried out before mining to avoid accidents
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Source of authority of the Constitution
- Date of adoption of the Constitution
- Formation of a Union
- Objectives of the Constitution
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 4 only
2 and 4 only
All the above
- Source of authority of the Constitution: The Preamble states that the Constitution derives its authority from the people of India.
- Nature of Indian State: It declares India to be of a sovereign, socialist, secular democratic and republican polity.
- Objectives of the Constitution: It specifies justice, liberty, equality and fraternity as the objectives.
- Date of adoption of the Constitution: It stipulates November 26, 1949 as the date.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Roles of chairman and managing director at listed firms should be separated and chairmanship should be limited to only non-executive directors.
- Minimum board strength should be increased to 6 members.
- At least half of the board members to be independent directors.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
All of the above
Minimum board strength should be increased to 6 members.
At least half of the board members to be independent directors with at least one woman independent director.
Independent directors must get minimum remuneration of Rs 5 lakh per annum and sitting fee of Rs 20,000-50,000 for each board meet.
Updated list of all credit ratings obtained by the listed entity must be made available at one place, which would be very helpful for investors and other stakeholders.