UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 2
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
1.Earth Overshoot Day marks the date when humanity's demand for ecological resources and services in a given year exceeds what Earth can regenerate in that year.
2.It is hosted and calculated by an international think tank Global Footprint Network (GFN).
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Both 1 and 2
Both the statements are correct "
Statue of unity
About 8 Wonders of SCO:The Eight Wonders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO) project embraces eight unique archeological and historical monuments of the SCO member states.These eight sites are:
* Statue of Unity in India
* Daming Palace in China
* Navruz Palace in Tajikistan
* Mughals Heritage in Pakistan
* Lake Issyk-Kul in Kyrgyzstan
* Po-i-Kalan complex in Uzbekistan
* Tamgaly Gorge in Kazakhstan
* Golden Ring of Russia. "
St. Mary's Island, Karnataka
Divar Island, Goa
Umananda Island, Assam
Munroe Island, Kerala
- An ancient circular lake created by a meteorite strike in Maharashtra and a hexagonal mosaic of basaltic rocks in an island off Udupi are poised to become global geo parks, under a Geological Survey of India (GSI) plan.
- Lonar Lake in Maharashtra and Mary's Island and Malpe beach in coastal Karnataka are the GSI's candidates for UNESCO Global Geo Park Network status.
St. Mary's Island, declared a national geo-heritage site in 1975, and is estimated to be an 88-million-year-old formation that goes back to a time when Greater India broke away from Madagascar "
- Tropical Climate A. Taiga Climate
- Dry Climate B. Mediterranean Climate
- Warm Temperate rainy Climate C. Savanna Climate
- Humid Middle LatitudeClimate D. Steppe Climate
1-C, 2-D, 3-B, 4-A
1-B, 2-D, 3-C, 4-A
1-D, 2-B, 3-A, 4-C
1-C, 2-A, 3-B, 4-D
I Climatic Groups Climatic Types
(A) Tropical climates (hot all seasons):
(i) Tropical rain forest
(ii) Savanna Climate Am
(iii) Monsoon Climate
(B) Dry climates:
(iv) Desert Climate
(v) Steppe Climate
(C) Warm temperate rainy or Middle latitude rainy:
(vii) China Type Climate climates
(viii)West European Climate
(D) Humid Middle latitude (severe winters) Climate:
(ix) Taiga Climate climates
(x) Cool East-coast Climate
(xi) The Continental Climate
(E) Polar climates:
(xii) Tundra Climate
(xiii) Ice-cap Climate
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Ministry of Food Processing Industries
MoFPI is building National Cold Chain Grid in the country so that all food producing hubs are connected to cold storage and processing industries.