UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 2
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Which of the following is/are correct about Duars?
- They are flood plains formed in the Eastern Himalayan region.
- They are made up of loose sediments brought down by Himalayan rivers and deposited each season.
- They are features of Darjeeling and Sikkim Himalayas.
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 2 only
1, 2 and 3
Question 66 Explanation:
1, 2 and 3 are correct
GSAT-17 was recently launched from the spaceport of Kourou. Where is Kourou located?
Question 67 Explanation:
Kourou is located in French Guiana, South America.
Improvisation: Vikaspedia: Current Affairs June 2017 ; "
Consider the following statements with respect to National Clean Air Programme: 1)A separate component on 'Technology Assessment Cell' has been envisaged under NCAP to evaluate the technologies for prevention, control and abatement of air pollution 2)The NCAP plans to prepare city-specific air pollution abatement action plan for 100 polluting cities of the country. Which of the above given statements is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 68 Explanation:
The government has formulated National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a medium term national level strategy to tackle the increasing air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner.In order to ensure use of new technologies to combat the rising challenge of air pollution in India, a separate component on 'Technology Assessment Cell' has been envisaged under NCAP to evaluate the technologies for prevention, control and abatement of air pollution.The key components of NCAP include - city-specific air pollution abatement action plan for 100 polluting cities of the country similar to one for Delhi, increasing the number of monitoring stations, data dissemination, public participation on planning and implementation, setting up of Air Information Centre for data analysis, resouce apportionment studies, setting up of national inventory, guidelines for indoor air pollution and setting up of rural monitoring stations.
The Gini coefficient measures:
Question 69 Explanation:
Which of the following pairs is/are not correctly matched?
- The Orion- It is NASA's spacecraft that will carry astronauts past the moon.
- Sunway TaihuLight-Space lab to develop expertise for a future space station and conduct science experiments setup by China
- Cassini-Huygens- Mars exploration spacecraft.
- Odyssey- NASA's Spacecraft to study Saturn.
1, 3 and 4
2, 3 and 4 only
2 and 4 only
Question 70 Explanation:
- NASA's Cassini spacecraft after studying Saturn, its rings and moons for more than 12 years, has entered in the final year of its epic voyage. It will make the closest-ever observations of the planet. It is the first to enter successfully in its orbit.
- Tiangong2- space lab to develop expertise for a future space station and conduct science experiments
- Sunway TaihuLight- World's fastest Supercomputer developed by China
- Orion ("o-rie-un") is a new NASA spacecraft. NASA plans for Orion to take astronauts to an asteroid or even Mars
- Odyssey is a robotic spacecraft orbiting the planet Mars. The project was developed by NASA.
There are 70 questions to complete.