UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 2
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 2.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 96 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
The first bullet train being built with cooperation from Japan
India's fastest train so far
Trains which will serve sea ports-to-hinterland connectivity
The first train in the northeast to put Meghalaya on the railway map of India
Government Advertisement, Page 20, The Hindu, May 31st "
Question 97 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- DAC is headed by Defense Minister
- The objective of the DAC is to ensure expeditious procurement of the approved requirements of the Armed Forces
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- in-principle approval of 15 Year Long-Term Integrated Perspective Plan for Defence Forces,
- accord of Acceptance of Necessity to acquisition proposals,
- categorization of the acquisition proposals relating to 'Buy', 'Buy & Make' and 'Make',
- issues relating to Single vendor clearance,
- Decision regarding 'offset' provisions in respect of acquisition proposals above Rs. 300 crores.
Question 98 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
National Dolphin Research Centre, India and Asia's first, is to be set up on the banks of River Ganga in Patna University premises.
Question 99 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- It does not have sub-styles.
- Tabla is one of the instruments associated with it.
- It is indigenous in nature.
1, 2 and 3
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
None of the above is correct
Statement 2 is incorrect. Tabla is associated with Hindustani music. The principal instruments played with Carnatic music are Veena, Mrindagum and Mandolin.
Amir Khusro is credited with fashioning the Tabla as a split version of the traditional Indian drum, the pakhawaj.
Question 100 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
Increasing Global Warming
Mitigating Global Warming
Pollutant from Nuclear Power Plant
Scientists have found that spraying sun-dimming chemicals high above the earth to slow global warming could be remarkably inexpensive costing about $2.25 billion a year over a 15-year period.
This geo-engineering technique known as stratospheric aerosol injection (SAI) could limit rising temperatures that are causing climate change.
Under SAI delivery of precursor sulfide gases such as sulfuric acid, hydrogen sulfide (H2S) or sulfur dioxide (SO2) are sprayed by artillery, aircraft and balloons. "