UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 2
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- 19th infantary, Berhampur
- 34th Native Infantary, Meerut
- 7th Regiment, Oudh
- Even before the Meerut incident, there were rumblings of resentment in various cantonments. The 19th Native Infantry at Berhampur, which refused to use the newly introduced Enfield rifle, was disbanded in March 1857.
- A young sepoy of the 34th Native Infantry, Mangal Pande, went a step further and fired at the Sergeant Major of his regiment. He was overpowered and executed and his regiment too, was disbanded.
- The 7th Oudh Regiment later which defied its officers met with a similar fate.
"Afghan-India Friendship Dam is a Multipurpose project planned for generating 42 MW of power, irrigating 75000 hectares of land, water supply and other benefits to the people of Afghanistan. Salma Dam is a landmark infrastructure project undertaken by Government of India on river Hari Rud , in Herat province of Afghanistan. The project was executed and implemented by WAPCOS Ltd., a Government of India Undertaking under Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation."
- Right to Information is a fundamental right enshrined in article 19 (1) of the constitution
- Supreme Court of India is not under the purview of RTI act
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2