UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 2
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Kanha - Madhya Pradesh
- Nagzira - Maharashtra
- Pench - Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh
- Tadoba - Rajasthan
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 3 and 4 Only
2, 3 and 4 Only
1 and 3 Only
Tadoba Tiger Reserve - Maharashtra
"What is conspicuous, however, is the lack of political will to remove industrial pressures on forests. The proposal to widen National Highway 7 in Central India, for instance, has become controversial because of the dreadful impact it would have on tigers in the Kanha-Pench and Kanha-Nagzira corridors in Maharashtra."
- NIA Act was passed in 15 October 1984, following Operation Blue Star.
- National Investigation Agency investigate offences related to human trafficking and counterfeit currency.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- NIA act governs the functioning of India's premier counter-terror agency i.e. National Investigation Agency
- It was passed in the wake of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- The 2019 NIA Amendment Act expanded the type of offences that the investigative body could investigate and prosecute. The agency can now investigate offences related to human trafficking, counterfeit currency, manufacture or sale of prohibited arms, cyber-terrorism, and offences under the Explosive Substances Act, 1908.
1.Association of Southeast Asian Nations is a regional organisation comprising 10 Southeast Asian states which promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic integration amongst its members.
2. ASEAN plus Three was created to improve existing ties with the People's Republic of China, Japan, and South Korea.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both the statements are correct. "
- They shall ensure that entire data relating to payment systems operated by them are stored in a system only in India
- They shall ensure that the systems are owned and operated by public sector enterprises
- They shall submit the consolidated system audit report to the Comptroller and Auditor General of India by the end of the calendar year
1 and 2 only
1, 2 and 3
- All system providers shall ensure that the entire data relating to payment systems operated by them are stored in a system only in India. This data should include the full end-to-end transaction details / information collected / carried / processed as part of the message / payment instruction. For the foreign leg of the transaction, if any, the data can also be stored in the foreign country, if required.
- System providers shall ensure compliance of (i) above within a period of six months and report compliance of the same to the Reserve Bank latest by October 15, 2018.
- System providers shall submit the System Audit Report (SAR) on completion of the requirement at (i) above. The audit should be conducted by CERT-IN empaneled auditors certifying completion of activity at (i) above. The SAR duly approved by the Board of the system providers should be submitted to the Reserve Bank not later than December 31, 2018.
- Poona Pact gave away the Hindu joint electorate and reserves special electorates to the depressed classes.
- C. Rajagopalachari became the first governor-general of the Dominion of India.
- The members of the interim government were members of the Viceroy's Executive Council, and the council came to be vice-chaired by Jawaharlal Nehru.
2 and 3 only
1 and 2 only
- Ramsay MacDonald, the British Prime Minister, announced a scheme of representation of the minorities, which came to be known as the Communal Award.
- The award not only continued separate electorates for the Muslims, Sikhs, Indian Christians, Anglo- Indians and Europeans but also extended it to the depressed classes (scheduled castes). Gandhiji was distressed over this extension of the principle of communal representation to the depressed classes and undertook fast unto death in Yeravada Jail (Poona) to get the award modified.
- At last, there was an agreement between the leaders of the Congress and the depressed classes. The agreement, known as Poona Pact, retained the Hindu joint electorate and gave reserved seats to the depressed classes.
- Statement 2- Lord Mountbatten became the first governor-general of the new Dominion of India. He swore in Jawaharlal Nehru as the first prime minister of independent India.
- Statement 3- The Constituent Assembly of India formed in 1946 became the Parliament of the Indian Dominion. The members of the interim government were members of the Viceroy's Executive Council. The Viceroy continued to be the head of the Council. But, Jawaharlal Nehru was designated as the Vice-President of the Council.