UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 20
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
1. Colonial land revenue settlements
2. Encroachment on tribal lands
3. Just rule by British
4. Destruction of indigenous manufacturing Which of the following above factors responsible for people's resentment and uprisings in British India?
1 only 2 only
1,2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 4 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
* Colonial land revenue settlements, heavy burden of new taxes, eviction of peasants from their lands, and encroachments on tribal lands.
* Exploitation in rural society coupled with the growth of intermediary revenue collectors, tenants and moneylenders.
* Expansion of revenue administration over tribal lands leading to the loss of tribal people's hold over agricultural and forest land.
* Promotion of British manufactured goods, heavy duties on Indian industries, especially export duties, leading to devastation of Indian handloom and handicraft industries.
* Destruction of indigenous industry leading to migration of workers from industry to agriculture, increasing the pressure on land/agriculture. "
- It is the first global public health treaty.
- It contains provisions that are intended to help interested farmers find economically sustainable alternatives to tobacco farming.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both statements are correct.
- "Tobacco farmers from various States on Monday staged a protest at a World Health Organisation global conference venue in Greater Noida. They were opposing the 'undemocratic way' of framing anti-tobacco policies.. Farmer leaders said ad hoc decisions on tobacco control in WHO FCTC meetings would affect the livelihood of millions of tobacco farmers and farm labourers involved in tobacco cultivation."
- Does the FCTC hurt tobacco farmers and farm workers? (Click HERE ): "No. The tobacco industry, not the FCTC, hurts tobacco farmers and farm workers. The FCTC contains provisions that are intended to help interested farmers find economically sustainable alternatives to tobacco farming."
- The slow decline in the number of tobacco users gives governments and farmers time to transition away from tobacco leaf.
- The FCTC includes provisions which encourage signatory countries to provide farmers with economically sustainable alternatives to tobacco farming, and to safeguard the health of workers and the environment from the negative effects of tobacco farming.
- The commission set up to inquire about the massacre was called the Hunter Commission.
- Rabindranath Tagore returned his knighthood to the British government in protest against this massacre.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
1. Mining and Mineral Development (Regulation) Act, 1957
2. Fisheries Act 1897
3. Scheduled Tribes and other traditional forest dwellers (recognition of rights) act 2006.
Which of the above given statements is/are correct?
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Legislation Relevant To Biodiversity Conservation:
* Fisheries Act 1897.
* Indian Forests Act 1927.
* Mining and Mineral Development Regulation Act 1957.
* Prevention of cruelty to animals 1960.
* Wildlife protection act 1972.
* Water (prevention and control of pollution) act 1974.
* Forest Conservation Act 1980.
* Air (prevention and control of pollution) act 1981.
* Environment Protection Act 1986.
* Biological Diversity Act 2002.
* Scheduled Tribes and other traditional forest dwellers (recognition of rights) act 2006. "
Gulf of Mexico
None of the above
BBC: China has launched the first mission to land a robotic craft on the far side of the Moon, Chinese media say. The Chang'e-4 mission will see a static lander and rover touch down in Von Krmn crater, located on the side of the Moon which never faces Earth. Von Krmn crater is of interest to scientists because it is located within the oldest and largest impact feature on the Moon - the South Pole-Aitken Basin (one of the biggest impact features in the solar system; it spans 2,500 km from rim to rim). This was probably formed by a giant asteroid impact billions of years ago.