UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 223
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 223.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
'Ashtadhyayi' is associated with
Question 1 Explanation:
is the central part of Pasini's grammar, and by far the most complex. The Ashtadhyayi is the oldest linguistic and grammar text of Sanskrit surviving in its entirety, and Pacsini refers to older texts and authors such as the Unadisutra, Dhatupatha, and Ganapatha some of which have only survived in part. It complements the Vedic ancillary sciences such as the Niruktas, Nighantus, and Shiksha. Regarded as extremely compact without sacrificing completeness, it would become the model for later specialist technical texts OR sutras.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched? Traveller's Contemporary kings
- Abdul Razak Krishna Devaraya
- William Hawkins Jahangir
- Fa-Hien Chandragupta II
- Francois Bernier Dara Shikoh
1, 2 and 4
2, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 3
1, 2, 3 and 4
Question 2 Explanation:
- Abdul Razak:
- He visited India during the rule of Deva Raya II of Vijayanagar.
- He was a Persian scholar.
- He was also an ambassador of Persia.
- The foreign travellers visited India during the reign of Krishnadeva Raya- the greatest ruler of Vijayanagar Empire were Domingo Pass, Started Barbosa and Fernao Nuniz.
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Which of the following is/are correct?
- An increase in GDP implies a better quality of life of the people of the country.
- Services provided by women in their household is not calculated in the GDP.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 3 Explanation:
2 only is correct
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Consider the following with respect to the Tulip festival as recently seen in news:
- Mega Tulip festival was organised in the Kashmir valley by the Indian Government.
- Asia's largest tulip garden is the showcase of the festival
Both 1 and 2
None of the above
Question 4 Explanation:
Tulip festival is organised by the Jammu and Kashmir government. The showcase of the event is the Asia's largest Tulip garden located in the Kashmir Valley.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Who among the following is known as Indian Machiavelli?
Question 5 Explanation:
Kautilya was called 'Indian Machiavelli'.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.