UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 227
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
1. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) helps in promoting the financial inclusion in the country.
2. NPCI has launched RuPay, a card payment scheme.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
1 and 2
2 and 3
1 and 3
All of the above
- Exhibits the transcendental love of Krishna and Radha and the Gopis' devotion to the Lord
- Theme - Pangs of separation of the gopis and Radha- from Krishna
- Accompanied with congregational singing
- During all festivals and social functions
- Martial dance form
- It is popular term for the ancient Manipuri Martial Art known as HUYEN LALLONG.
- In the Manipuri language, thang means sword and ta means spear. As its name implies, the sword and spear are the primary weapons in thang-ta. Other weapons used include the shield and axe.
1) It is related to end of World War I.
2) It is related to Zionism.
It greatly increased popular support for Zionism, the national movement of the Jewish people that supports the re-establishment of a Jewish homeland. "
- Enhance the experience of taxpayers and reduce taxpayer grievances
- Reduce the physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities
- Enable payment of taxes online
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
- The online facility will enable payment of taxes, tracking of tax deducted at source and filing of applications for permanent account numbers (PAN).
- The facility known as 'Aaykar Setu,' launched by finance minister Arun Jaitley, will also help people link their 12-digit biometric identifier Aadhaar with PAN.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes will make it available as a desktop service and as an app for Android mobile phones, providing a range of informative and useful tax services.
India has a heavy dependence on oil and gas imports, and India exports refined petroleum products
All unexploited oil and gas reserves of India are located in the coastal regions
Crude oil evaporates at a higher rate than refined products
Most of India's market for refined petroleum products are in the coastal regions
In India, the share of oil and gas in energy consumption in 2015-16 was 26% and 6.5%, respectively. While the consumption of each has registered a sharp increase, production has increased only moderately. In order to improve the supply of oil and gas, the government must encourage capacity expansion and setting up of new refineries, preferably at coastal locations (the most appropriate reason for this is that India has a heavy dependence on oil and gas imports and also that export of refined petroleum products is an important contributor to India's export earnings).
- Petroleum refining does not lead significant weightloss, unlike the aluminum/copper/sugarcane/timber processing.
- Virtually all the by-products can be used. Therefore, refineries can be set up
- near the raw material or
- near the market or
- at an intermediate break of the bulk location (ports/coastal locations)
Improvisation: PRS July 2017 MPR ; "