UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 229
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Both 1 and 2 only
Neither 1 and 2
Decision of the Tribunal: Under the Act, the decision of the tribunal must be published by the central government in the official gazette. After publication, the decision has the same force as that of an order of the Supreme Court.
Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat
The disinvestment programme
Gold reference standards
ICICI Prudential managed Bharat-22 ETF Further Fund Offer (FFO) will be open for subscription on June 19. The FFO is part of the government's overall disinvestment program, announced earlier by the Ministry of Finance, using the ETF route. The FFO is open for all categories of investors, including retail investors, retirement funds and foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) among others, with all investors getting an upfront discount of 2.5%.
The strength of this ETF lies in the specially created Index S&P BSE BHARAT-22 INDEX. This Index is a unique blend of shares of key CPSEs,Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and also the Government owned shares in blue chip private companies like Larsen & Tubro (L&T), Axis Bank and ITC. The shares of the Government companies represent 6 core sectors of the economy - Finance, Industry, Energy, Utilities, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Basic Materials. This combination makes the Index broad-based and diversified. The Sector and Stock exposure limits help in risk management and reduction of concentration, providing stability to the Index. The strength of the Index has been demonstrated in its performance from the time of its launch in August 2017 wherein it has out-performed the NIFTY-50 and Sensex.
From 2017: PIB ;
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
(Previous Year UPSC Question) "
- It is a statutory market committee constituted by a State Government in respect of trade in certain notified agricultural products.
- Agricultural marketing is in Concurrent list.
- Inter-state trading comes under the jurisdiction of state governments.
1, 2, 3
Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) is a statutory market committee constituted by a State Government in respect of trade in certain notified agricultural or horticultural or livestock products, under the Agricultural Produce Market Committee Act issued by that state government.
Under Constitution of India, agricultural marketing is a state (provincial) subject. While intra-state trades fall under the jurisdiction of state governments, inter-state trading comes under Central or Federal Government (including intra-state trading in a few commodities like raw jute, cotton, etc.). Thus, agricultural markets are established and regulated mostly under the various State APMC Acts.
- The agreement includes provisions for Lowering import tariffs and agricultural subsidies
- TFA aims to reduce red-tapism to facilitate trade by reforming customs bureaucracies and formalities
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- The TFA is the WTO's first-ever multilateral accord that aims to simplify customs regulations for the cross-border movement of goods. It was outcome of WTO's 9th Bali (Indonesia) ministerial package of 2013
- The agreement includes provisions for Lowering import tariffs and agricultural subsidies: It will make it easier for developing countries to trade with the developed world in global markets
- Abolish hard import quotas: Developed countries would abolish hard import quotas on agricultural products from the developing world and instead would only be allowed to charge tariffs on amount of agricultural imports exceeding specific limits
- Reduction in red tape at international borders: It aims to reduce red-tapism to facilitate trade by reforming customs bureaucracies and formalities.