UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 232
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Which of the following is/are correct the Buddha?
- The Buddha did not believe in God.
- He taught in the Sanskrit language.
- He was against the Varna system.
1 and 3 only
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Question 1 Explanation:
1 and 3 only are correct. The Buddha taught in Pali.
Which of the following is/are correct regarding the no-confidence motion in Parliament?
- In case a government loses a no-confidence motion in the Parliament, and the government refuses to resign, the President has the power to remove the Prime Minister.
- Once the government resigns and it resumes functions as a caretaker government, it cannot take any major policy decisions.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
"ATULYA" is recently in news, is related to which of the following?
Question 3 Explanation:
Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune, a deemed university supported by Defense Research and Development Organization has come up with a cost-effective solution to disintegrate corona virus. A microwave sterilizer named as 'ATULYA' can be operated in portable or fixed installations and helps in disintegrating the virus by differential heating in the range of 56 to 60 Celsius temperatures.
Which of the following crops can be grown (theoretically) throughout the year in South India?
1, 2 and 3
2,4 and 5
3 and 4 only
All of them
Question 4 Explanation:
- In South India, the temperature is high enough to growtropical crops during any period in the yearprovided the soil moisture is available.Therefore, in this region same crops can begrown thrice in an agricultural year providedthere is sufficient soil moisture.
- Tropical cropsare rice, cotton, jute, jowar,bajra and tur.
Consider the following statements about The Price Stabilization Fund
- The fund is to help regulate the price volatility of important agri-horticultural commodities only
- It grant interest free advance of working capital to Agencies to undertake market intervention operations.
Both 1 & 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 5 Explanation:
The fund is to help regulate the price volatility of important agri-horticultural commodities like onion, potatoes and pulses were also added subsequently. The PSF is utilized for granting interest free advance of working capital to Central Agencies, State/UT Governments/Agencies to undertake market intervention operations
There are 5 questions to complete.