UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 233
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 233.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 6 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology is the nodal ministry for Digital India Campaign
- At present, the digital locker services offered under this programme are subject to user charges
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 7 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- global monetary cooperation
- securing financial stability
- facilitating international trade
- Promoting employment and sustainable economic growth
- Promoting foreign investment
- reduce poverty around the world
1, 3 and 5
2, 4, 5, and 6
1, 2, 3, 4, and 6
All of the above
It consists of 189 countries. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
It is working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
Question 8 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Ghost dunes are crescent-shaped depressions on the surface of the Red Planet.
- They are formed when lava or other sediments seep into the base region of a dune and solidify there.
- Ghost dunes indicate life on early Mars.
Only 1 and 2
None of the above
Question 9 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Bill makes illegal migrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh are eligible for citizenship on the basis of religion.
- The Bill allows cancellation of OCI registration for violation of any law.
Both 1 and 2
None of the above.
The Bill amends the Citizenship Act, 1955 to make illegal migrants who are Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan, eligible for citizenship. Under the Act, one of the requirements for citizenship by naturalisation is that the applicant must have resided in India during the last 12 months, and for 11 of the previous 14 years. The Bill relaxes this 11 year requirement to six years for persons belonging to the same six religions and three countries. The Bil provides that the registration of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders may be cancelled if they violate any law. Key Issues and Analysis The Bill makes illegal migrants eligible for citizenship on the basis of religion. This may violate Article 14 of the Constitution which guarantees right to equality. The Bill allows cancellation of OCI registration form violation of any law. This is a wide ground that may cover a range of violations, including minor offences (eg. parking in a no parking zone).
Question 10 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Experts from MSMEs are included in the Board of Directors of NABARD
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
- The Bill allows the central government to increase this capital to Rs 30,000 crore. The capital may be increased to more than Rs 30,000 crore by the central government in consultation with the RBI, if necessary.
- Under the original Act (NABARD Act, 1981; NOT the amendment bill), the central government and the RBI together must hold at least 51% of the share capital of NABARD. The Bill (amendment bill) provides that the central government alone must hold at least 51% of the share capital of NABARD. (The Bill transfers the share capital held by the RBI and valued at Rs 20 crore to the central government. The central government will give an equal amount to the RBI.)
- The Bill replaces the terms 'small-scale industry' and 'industry in the tiny and decentralised sector' with the terms 'micro enterprise', 'small enterprise' and 'medium enterprise' as defined in the MSME Development Act, 2006.
- Under the 1981 Act, experts from small-scale industries are included in the Board of Directors and the Advisory Council of NABARD. The Bill extends this provision to the MSMEs.
For the other amendments, refer: http://www.prsindia.org/billtrack/the-national-bank-for-agriculture-and-rural-development-amendment-bill-2017-4726/ "