UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 233
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 233.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 26 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Indian Federation is not the result of an agreement by the states.
- No state has the right to secede from the federation.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
Question 27 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Parliament is empowered to alter the boundaries of any state of India without taking prior consent of state legislature.
- A bill pertaining to the alteration of the boundaries of any existing state of India can be introduced only in the Rajya Sabha and only on the recommendation of the President of India.
Jammu and Kashmir is a constituent state of the Indian Union and has its place in Part I and Schedule I of the Constitution of India (dealing with the Union and its Territory). But its name, area or boundary cannot be changed by the Union without the consent of its legislature.
Under Article 3, a bill pertaining to the alteration of the boundaries of any existing State of India can be introduced in any house of the Parliament only with the prior recommendation of the President and before recommending the bill, the President has to refer the same to the state legislature concerned for expressing its views within a specified period.
Question 28 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Over-extraction of groundwater.
Construction of excessive number of dams.
Excess population in the peninsular region.
"India is suffering from endemic hydro-schizophrenia, where the left hand of surface water does not know what the right hand of groundwater is doing. The one issue that really highlights the need to unify CWC and CGWB is the drying up of peninsular rivers, the single most important cause of which is over-extraction of groundwater. If river rejuvenation is the key national mandate, then this cannot happen without hydrologists and hydrogeologists working together, along with social scientists, agronomists and other stakeholders."
Question 29 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The first specification of Scheduled Tribes in relation to a particular State/UT is by an act of the Parliament
- Subsequent inclusions or exclusions in the list of STs can be made only by an order of the President, after consultation with the State Government/UT concerned
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Union Cabinet has, in principle, approved the inclusion of the communities, namely, 'Parivara and Talawara' as synonym of "Nayaka' in the list of STs of Karnataka.
The first specification of Scheduled Tribes in relation to a particular State or Union territory is by a notified Order of the President, after consultation with the State Government / UT concerned. Any subsequent inclusion in or exclusion from and other modifications in the list of Scheduled Tribes can be made only through an amending Act of Parliament.
Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth;
Question 30 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It was a conference recently organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Department of Atomic Energy.
- It discussed issues related to guided missile development technologies.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2