UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 236
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 236.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Land reforms were introduced where taxes were decided on the measurement of land
- Different markets such as those of commodities, slaves and horses were integrated into a single market
Both 1 and 2
- Alauddin Khalji took important steps in the land revenue administration.
- He was the first Sultan of Delhi who ordered for the measurement of land. Even the big landlords could not escape from paying land tax.
- Land revenue was collected in cash in order to enable the Sultan to pay the soldiers in cash. His land revenue reforms provided a basis for the future reforms of Sher Shah and Akbar.
- Alauddin Khalji established four separate markets in Delhi, one for grain; another for cloth, sugar, dried fruits, butter and oil; a third for horses, slaves and cattle; and a fourth for miscellaneous commodities. (Statement 2 is incorrect)
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Measles is a viral infection of the respiratory system that can spread through contact with infected mucus and saliva.
- Rubella is a contagious disease that mostly affects children.
- Rubella is usually mild in kids, but it can be more serious in pregnant women.
1, 2, 3
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Breathing problem due to excessive pollution
It is a disorder characterized by dry eyes and dry mouth
A fatal bacterial infection that affects the nerves
It is a genetic blood disorder
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is the world's first robot citizen.
- It has been developed by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 and 2
The virtual politician, called SAM, was created by Nick Gerritsen, a 49-year-old entrepreneur in New Zealand.
SAM is the world's first artificial intelligence politician. Sam isn't limited by time or space, is accessible everywhere all the time, and has an infinite memory. The AI politician is constantly learning to respond to people through Facebook Messenger as well as a survey on its homepage.
Most importantly, its decisions are backed by facts and opinions, and it cannot knowingly lie or misrepresent information. Just like regular politicians, Sam can answer local queries such as housing policies, education and immigration. Sam plans to run as a candidate in the country's general election in 2020.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Classical Dance Important Features
- Mohiniattam Lasya aspect is dominant
- Manipuri Tarangam
- Kuchipudi Pung Musical Instrument
- Odissi - Mobile sculptures
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
1 and 2 only
2 and 4 only
1 and 4 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
Mohiniattam: The Lasya aspect (beauty, grace) of dance is dominant in a Mohiniattam recital. Hence, it is mainly performed by female dancers.
Manipuri Dance: The drum - pung - is an intricate element of the recital. Flute, Khartals (wood clapper), dhols etc also accompany music.
Kuchipudi: Apart from group performances, there are some popular solo elements in Kuchipudi as well. Some of them are:
- Manduk shabdam - Tells the story of a frog.
- Tarangam - The dancer performs with his/her feet on the edges of a brass plate and balancing a pot of water on the head or a set of diyas.
- Jala Chitra Nrityam - In this item, the dancer draws pictures on the floor with his or her toes .
Odissi: Odissi dance form is unique in its representation of gracefulness, sensuality and beauty. The dancers create intricate geometrical shapes and patterns with her body. Hence, it is known as 'mobile sculpture'.