UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 238
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Arrange the following African lakes from north to south orientation
- Lake Victoria
- Lake Tanganyika
- Lake Malawi
Question 1 Explanation:
GS 1 - Distribution of key natural resources across the world
- Importance of the lakes and their origin around African Rift Valley
Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched? Peaks State
- Mount Saramati : Arunachal Pradesh
- Doddabetta : Tamil Nadu
- Guru Shikhar : Rajasthan
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Question 2 Explanation:
Pair 1 is incorrect. Saramati peaks is located in Nagaland.
Pairs 2 and 3 are correct.
|Highest Point/Peak||State||Highest Point/Peak||State|
|Arma Konda||Andhra Pradesh||Parasnath||Jharkhand|
|Reo Purgyil*||Himachal Pradesh||Phawngpui||Mizoram|
|Guru Shikhar||Rajasthan||Doli Gutta||Telangana|
|Betlingchhip||Tripura||Amsot Peak||Uttar Pradesh|
|Nanda Devi||Uttarakhand||Sandakphu*||West Bengal|
*Shared with other country
Which of the following is/are correct about Jainism?
- The Jainism spread to south India when Bhadrabahu went to the South during the 12-year famine in Magadha.
- The South-returned Jainas were called Shvetambaras.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
Question 3 Explanation:
1 is only correct. The South-returned Jainas were called Digambaras.
Russia was suspended from the Group of 8 or G8 forum following the annexation of Crimea. Which of the following nations now are a part of G7?
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 Only
1,2 and 3
1 and 3 Only
Question 4 Explanation:
Japan, France, UK, Canada, Italy, Germany and USA.
The inscriptions of the Cholas mention various kinds of taxes. Which of these is the most frequently mentioned tax in these inscriptions?
Question 5 Explanation:
- Their inscriptions refer to more than 400 terms for different kinds of taxes.
- The most frequently mentioned tax is vetti, taken not in cash but in the form of forced labour, and kadamai, or land revenue.
- There were also taxes on thatching the house, the use of a ladder to climb palm trees, a cess on succession to family property, etc.
There are 5 questions to complete.