UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 243
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 243.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Consider the following statements
- Structural Unemployment- occurs when a labor market is not able to provide jobs for everyone who is seeking employment.
- Frictional unemployment -It is the time period between jobs when a worker is searching for or transitioning from one job to another.
- Cyclical unemployment- occurs when there is not enough aggregate demand in the economy to provide jobs for everyone who wants to work.
- Classical unemployment -occurs when real wages are kept above the market clearing wage rate, leading to a surplus of labour supplied.
1, 2 and 3
1, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 4
1, 2, 3 and 4
Question 1 Explanation:
All are correctly matched.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Swaraj was the goal of India's political efforts - said by Dadabhai Naoroji was announced at -
Calcutta session of INC, 1906
Calcutta session of INC, 1886
Bombay session of INC, 1885
Lahore session of INC, 1900
Question 2 Explanation:
Calcutta session of INC, 1906
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
'Jing Kieng Jri' is associated with which of the following states?
Question 3 Explanation:
The jing kieng jri or living root bridges - aerial bridges built by weaving and manipulating the roots of the Indian rubber tree - have been serving as connectors for generations in Meghalaya.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
The objective of Monetary policy in India is to
- Control inflation
- Increase foreign exchange reserves
- Reduce the fiscal deficit
- Generate surplus factors of production
1 and 2 only
2, 3 and 4 only
1 and 4 only
Question 4 Explanation:
- Monetary policy aims at stability of prices with a moderate rate of inflation. Some inflation is necessary for growth. This is ensured through instruments like Bank rate, CRR, SLR, Open Market operations etc. Forex reserves accrue or deplete based on the foreign exchange received by India through trade, FDI, remittances etc. It has no direct relation with the design of the monetary policy. Monetary policy refers to the credit control measures adopted by the central bank of a country, not by the government of the day.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Which of the following statements regarding seismic waves is/are correct?
- All seismic waves are mechanical waves and require medium to propagate.
- Their behavior change with the change in medium.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.