UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 247
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 247.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Potassium Chlorate is a dangerous and hazardous chemical and can ignite or explode spontaneously
- Possession and sale of fireworks of foreign origin is illegal and punishable
- Till date, no license for import of fireworks has been granted under the Explosives Rules, 2008
Only 1 and 2
Only 2 and 3
All of the above
None of the above
- Possession and sale of fireworks of foreign origin is illegal and punishable under the Law. Information about possession and/or sale of such fireworks may be reported to the nearest Police Station for suitable action.
- Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion have been receiving a number of complaints/representations regarding clandestine import of fireworks of foreign origin under false declarations.
- Various Fireworks Associations have time and again raised the issue and informed that these smuggled items include the chemical 'Potassium Chlorate' which is a dangerous and hazardous chemical and can ignite or explode spontaneously.
- The manufacture, possession, use, sale, etc. of any explosive containing sulphur or sulphurate in admixture with any chlorate is banned in the countr
- Till date, no license for import of fireworks has been granted under the Explosives Rules, 2008 by Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization, a Subordinate Office of Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Lysosomal storage disease
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Combustible ice is a frozen mixture of water and concentrated natural gas
- Technically known as methane hydrate, it can be lit on fire in its frozen state
- It is believed to comprise one of the world's most abundant fossil fuels
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Bandipur National park is a tiger reserve established in 1974 under Project Tiger.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is an Elephant Reserve established under Project elephant.
- The, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and Bandipur National Park are part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve.
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2, and 3
Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Kerala. It was notified as an Elephant Reserve under Project elephant. The Project Elephant scheme was launched by the Government of India in 1991 for better conservation of elephant through protection and management of their habitat.
The, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Bandipur National Park, Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Nagarhole National Park, Mukurthi National Park and Silent Valley are part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve was the first biosphere reserve in India established in the year 1986. It is located in the Western Ghats and spreads over parts of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Council of a Municipal corporation consists of, Councillors directly elected by the people, as well as a few nominated persons.
Council is headed by a municipal commissioner who is responsible for the implementation of the decisions taken by the council and its standing committees.
Both A and B
Neither A nor B
A municipal corporation has three authorities, namely, the council, the standing committees and the commissioner.
- The Council is the deliberative and legislative wing of the corporation. It consists of the Councillors directly elected by the people, as well as a few nominated persons having knowledge or experience of municipal administration.
Statement 2 is Incorrect
- The Council is headed by a Mayor. He is assisted by a Deputy Mayor. He is elected in a majority of the states for a one-year renewable term. He is basically an ornamental figure and a formal head of the corporation. His main function is to preside over the meetings of the Council.
- The standing committees are created to facilitate the working of the council, which is too large in size. They deal with public works, education, health, taxation, finance and so on.
The municipal commissioner is responsible for the implementation of the decisions taken by the council and its standing committees. Thus, he is the chief executive authority of the corporation. He is appointed by the state government and is generally a member of the IAS.