UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 248
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 248.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It was established on the recommendation of the first five year plan
- Like the Planning Commission, it is a statutory body
- Reviewing the working of the national plan was one of its functions
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 Only
Like the Planning Commission, the NDC is neither a statutory body nor a constitutional body. The NDC is credited with the creation (as part of the Gadgil-Mukherjee exercise) of "special category" of States.
Chapter 49, Indian Polity 4th Edition by M Laxmikanth
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Once he was the president of the Hindu Mahasabha
- Works of Savarkar include 'Kale Pani' and 'Six Glorious Epochs of Indian History'
- He was arrested in 1909 on charges of armed revolt against the Morle-Minto reform
- He worked for abolishment of untouchability
1 and 2
1, 2 and 3
1 and 3
All of the above
- Six Glorious Epochs of Indian History
- My Transportation for Life
- Kale Pani
- 1857 che Svatantrya Samar
- Maazi Janmathep
- Moplyanche Banda
- Hindurashtra Darshan
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
River Pamba, venerated as southern Ganga, originates at the Pulachimalai hill in the Peermedu plateau of the Western Ghats at an altitude of 1650 m and drains into the Vembanad Lake after nourishing many places. Pamba River nourishes hundreds of medicinal plants in the mountain ranges where it originates and carries its boons to everywhere it flows. Let us have a glimpse of some of the best known places and events on its banks.
The sandy banks of river Pamba witnessed the emergence and growth of many cultural and religious centres. Sabarimala temple amid luxuriant forests and grasslands is the most popular religious center in Kerala for the Hindus and it is intimately connected to the river Pamba. Bathing in the river, believed to absolve one's sins, is a requirement before commencing the trek to the shrine at Sabarimala. "
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- All Scheduled Commercial Banks having more than ten branches, including Regional Rural Banks, are required to appoint Internal Ombudsman.
- The senior employee in the bank acts as the Internal Ombudsman for that bank.
- The scheme will be monitored by the bank's internal audit mechanism.
As a part of this customer-centric approach, to enhance the independence of the IO while simultaneously strengthening the monitoring system over functioning of the IO mechanism, RBI has reviewed the arrangement and issued revised directions under Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 in the form of 'Internal Ombudsman Scheme, 2018'. The Scheme covers, inter-alia, appointment / tenure, roles and responsibilities, procedural guidelines and oversight mechanism for the IO.
All Scheduled Commercial Banks in India having more than ten banking outlets (excluding Regional Rural Banks), are required to appoint IO in their banks.
RBI said that bank ombudsmen have to be appointed for a fixed tenure, directly reporting to the bank's customer service committee and they must be people from outside the bank, giving this post an independent standing in a bank hierarchy.
An ombudsman is a person officially charged with investigating and addressing public complaints or violation of rights.
The implementation of IO Scheme, 2018 will be monitored by the bank's internal audit mechanism apart from regulatory oversight by RBI.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Kanger Ghati National Park
Bandipur National Park
Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Nandankanan Zoological Park