UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 250
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 250.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. The share of manufacturing sector in the GDP has been nearly stagnant for the last two decades in India.
2. Among all the South Asian economies, India has the largest size of manufacturing sector.
Which of the above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
The share has been around 15 per cent for the last two decades with a slight decline recently.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Prohibition of traffic in human beings and forced labour
- Abolition of untouchability
- Protection of the interests of minorities
- Prohibition of employment of children in factories and mines
2 and 4 only
1 and 4 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 4 only
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- To make India a mere exporter of important raw materials for the modern industries in Britain.
- To turn India into a sprawling market for the finished products.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The primary motive of the colonial government behind this policy of systematically deindustrialising India was two-fold. The intention was, first, to reduce India to the status of a mere exporter of important raw materials for the upcoming modern industries in Britain and, second, to turn India into a sprawling market for the finished
products of those industries so that their continued expansion could be ensured to the maximum advantage of their home country - Britain.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Religious harmony and coexistence
PIB: The portal, which works on the theme "Self4Society", will enable IT professionals and organizations to bring together their efforts towards social causes, and service to society, on one platform. In doing so, the portal is expected to help catalyse greater collaboration towards the service of the weaker sections of society, especially by leveraging the benefits of technology. It is also expected to generate wider participation of interested people who are motivated to work for the benefit of society.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Nagarhole National Park, Mysore
Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Dibrugarh
Van Vihar National Park, Bhopal
Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai
Mumbai is home to the highest concentration of leopards anywhere in the world. They capitalise on hunting the animals that man brings into the city.
Source: BBC ;