UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 251
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 251.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is found in India and other parts of Asia only.
- Sambar deer inhabit tropical rainforests, evergreen and mixed forests.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Military-backed space programme.
Renewed push through investments in innovation and technological research to become the world's 'ultimate tourist destination'.
First experimental Space Station which is set to fall back to Earth in 2017.
Radio telescope which is the world's largest.
- "The world's largest radio telescope began searching for signals from stars and galaxies and, perhaps, extraterrestrial life on Sunday in a project demonstrating China's rising ambitions in space and its pursuit of international scientific prestige."
- "The official Xinhua News Agency said hundreds of astronomers and enthusiasts watched the launch of the Aperture Spherical Telescope, or FAST, in the county of Pingtang."
- "Installation of the 4,450-panel structure, nicknamed Tianyan, or the Eye of Heaven, started in 2011 and was completed in July."
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Autonomous districts created under sixth schedule fall outside the executive authority of state.
- The district and regional councils in the sixth schedule areas are empowered to assess and collect land revenue.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. The district and regional councils are empowered to assess and collect land revenue and to impose certain specified taxes.
The district and regional councils administer the areas under their jurisdiction. They can make laws on certain specified matters like land, forests, canal water, shifting cultivation, village administration, inheritance of property, marriage and divorce, social customs and so on. But all such laws require the assent of the Governor.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. Unity and integrity of the nation
2. Economic justice
3. Equality of opportunity
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
None of the above
The Government of India has decided to launch a new sub-scheme named "Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY)" as part of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
* The Self Help Groups under DAY-NRLM will operate road transport services in backward areas.
* This will help to provide safe, affordable and community monitored rural transport services to connect remote villages with key services and amenities (such as access to markets, education and health) for the overall economic development of backward rural areas.
* This will also provide an additional avenue of livelihood for SHGs.
PIB: AGEY; "