UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 252
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Both a and b
National Nutrition Strategy
Special Nutrition Programs
Wheat Based Nutrition Programs
Integrated Child Development Services Scheme
- Are nominated by the Speaker/Chairman
- Present their report to the President who lays it before the Parliament
- Are set up to make detailed scrutiny only regarding legislative matters
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
None of the above
A parliamentary committee means a committee that:
- Is appointed or elected by the House (committee on estimates, for instance) or nominated by the Speaker/Chairman
- Works under the direction of the Speaker/Chairman
- Presents its report to the House or to the Speaker/Chairman
- Has a secretariat provided by the Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha
Consultative committees, which also consist of members of Parliament, are not parliamentary committees as they do not fulfil above four conditions.
In the news: The Parliamentary panel on home affairs headed by Congress leader P. Chidambaram has said that after the 1971-Pakistan war, the country's borders had never been as vulnerable as it is now, and that the government should revive the National Counter Terrorism Centre.
Improvisation: TH: 'Borders have never been so vulnerable since 1971 war '; "
- Its use aids the circulation of oxygen through increased blood flow
- The International Tennis Federation recently added it to its list of banned substances
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
It is the World Anti-Doping Agency which is responsible for testing sports-men and women for all Olympic sports and several hundred international sports organisations. There is no separate list under the International Tennis Federation; it is the same WADA list.
"The drug was added to the Prohibited List of 2016 on January 1 after being on the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) monitoring list in 2015. The Agency banned the substance because of "evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance". .."
"The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) was established in 1999 as an international independent agency composed and funded equally by the sport movement and governments of the world. Its key activities include scientific research, education, development of anti-doping capacities, and monitoring of the World Anti-Doping Code - the document harmonizing anti-doping policies in all sports and all countries."
1) Economic Corridors
2) Border & International connectivity roads
3) Coastal & port connectivity roads
Only 2 and 3
Only 1 and 4
Only 1, 2 and 4
The total length of road to be constructed under Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I is 24,800 Km new stretches along with 10,000 km remaining under NHDP.
As of 2017, 30 km/day construction is going on in highway sector. So, Phase-I may complete by 2022, compared to 19 years it took to upgrade almost same length of National Highways under NHDP.
Road Type Kms
Economic Corridors 9,000
Inter-corridor & feeder Routes 6,000
National Corridors Efficiency Programme 5,000
Border & International connectivity roads 2,000
Coastal & port connectivity roads 2,000
Total Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I 24,800
Remaining National Highways under National Highways Development Project (NHDP) 10,000
Total Km to be upgraded at the end of Phase-I 34,800 "