UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 266
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 266.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
A hereditary disorder which leads to increase in performance of Thyroid glands
A chronic and severe mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves
A breathing problem due to increase in pollution levels
A chronic neurodegenerative disease
- Gobi: Covered by sandy soil and areas of small stones
- Iranian: Covered by coarse gray soil, stony pavement, and salt flats.
- Atacama: Covered by sand dunes and pebbles. One of the driest areas on earth
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
|Gobi||Spread in Northern China and Southern Mongolia. It is covered by sandy soil and|
areas of small stones called "gobi."
|Spread in Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Covered by coarse gray soil, stony|
pavement, and salt. World's largest salt flat located here.
|Atacama||Spread in coasts of Peru and Chile. Covered by sand dunes and pebbles. One of the|
driest areas on earth. Large deposits of sodium nitrate are found in the desert. Sodium nitrate is used to make gunpowder.
- Dialogue with the tribes of Africa
- Food, of which joint agricultural production of crops like pulses is one component
- Maritime security
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
"Adding an unusual layer to India's African engagement, the Narendra Modi government is sending a senior Minister to hold a dialogue with the tribes of southern Africa later this month. The visit by Minister for Tribal Affairs Jual Oram will begin a new Indian season of political, diplomatic and trade outreach to Africa."
- Magnetosphere is the region of space controlled by the Earth's magnetic field.
- Planets with a magnetosphere, like Earth, are capable of mitigating or blocking the effects of cosmic radiation.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. Planets with a magnetosphere, like Earth, are capable of mitigating or blocking the effects of cosmic radiation.
EESL's Street Lighting National Programme
NASA's Black Marble Project
PETA's Animal Ethics Initiative
CERN's Large Hadron Collider
What is HiLumi?
The High Luminosity LHC(HL-LHC) is an upgrade of the LHC. HiLumi will make it
possible to study the fundamental building blocks of matter in more detail than ever before.
The upgrade will boost the accelerator's potential for new discoveries in physics, starting in