UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 266
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 266.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 16 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
About Currency manipulator:
* Currency manipulation happens when governments try to artificially tweak the exchange rate to gain an unfair advantage in trade.
* US defines currency manipulation as when countries deliberately influence the exchange rate between their currency and the US dollar to gain unfair competitive advantage in international trade.
Criteria for designation as a currency manipulator:The US Treasury has established three criteria for currency manipulator which are:
* A significant bilateral trade surplus with the US is one that is at least $20 billion.
* A material current account surplus is one that is at least 3% of GDP.
* A persistent, one-sided intervention reflected in repeated net purchases of foreign currency and total at least 2% of an economy's GDP over a year. "
Question 17 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
To extend reservation of seats in Lok Sabha and State Assemblies for SCs and STs by another ten years.
To Include Union Territory of Ladakh Under 6th Schedule of Constitution Of India
Except certain areas of North East from CAB, 2019
To increase the financial and executive powers of the 10 Autonomous Councils in the Sixth Schedule areas of the northeastern region
- 125th amendment bill: It seeks to increase the financial and executive powers of the 10 Autonomous Councils in the Sixth Schedule areas of the northeastern region.
- The Lok Sabha yesterday passed the Constitution (126th Amendment) Bill, 2019 with bipartisan support. All 355 members in the House voted in favour of the Bill when it was put to division. The amendment seeks to extend reservation of seats in Lok Sabha and State Assemblies for SCs and STs by another ten years.
Question 18 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The initiative was launched to take Indian foreign policy to students across the country.
- It will work under Ministry of Home Affairs.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is incorrect. The programme will function under Ministry of External Affairs.
Question 19 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Members of Parliament
- Members of State Legislative Council
- The Judges of High Courts
- Attorney General of India
1, 2, 3
1, 2, 3, 4
Third Schedule: Forms of Oaths or Affirmations for:
- The Union ministers
- The candidates for election to the Parliament
- The members of Parliament
- The judges of the Supreme Court
- The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India
- The state ministers
- The candidates for election to the state legislature
- The members of the state legislature
- The judges of the High Courts
Question 20 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. Under the Digital India initiative, one Common Service Centre (CSC) is envisaged in every panchayat
2. CSCs are a one-stop solution for various government-to-citizen and business-to-citizen services
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both statements are correct. CSCs offer both, G2C and B2C services.
* CSC programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY), Government of India. CSCs are the access points for delivery of various electronic services to villages in India, thereby contributing to a digitally and financially inclusive society.
* CSCs are more than service delivery points in rural India. They are positioned as change agents, promoting rural entrepreneurship and building rural capacities and livelihoods. They are enablers of community participation and collective action for engendering social change through a bottom-up approach with key focus on the rural citizen.
About CSCs: https://csc.gov.in/images/CSC_New_brochure_2015.pdf ;
In the news: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=170157 ;