YOU may join our Telegram for all subjects PDF BOOKS.
UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 267
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- In the medieval ages, Manipur and Burmese kings often wrested the valley from each other until the British defeated the Burmese and signed the Treaty of Yandaboo in 1826.
- But the valley was returned to Burma in the second treaty of 1834 and a boundary line between British India and Burma was drawn by Captain R.B. Pemberton.
- The Pemberton Line had left out certain restive Kuki areas that were included in a rectified boundary in 1881 called Johnstone Line.
- The boundary was redrawn again in 1896 to have 38 pillars and be known as Maxwell or Pemberton-Johnstone-Maxwell Line.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Nanda devi
- Corbett national park
- Kaziranga national park
1,2 and 4
1,2 and 3
1 and 2
All of the above
Manas Wild Life Sanctuary (1985) Assam
Keoladeo National Park (1985) Rajasthan
Sunderban National Park (1987) West Bengal
Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks (1988, 2005) Uttarakhand
Western Ghats (2012) Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra,Tamil Nadu
Great Himalayan National Park (2014) Himachal Pradesh
Khangchendzonga National Park (KNP) (2016)* [Mixed site] Sikkim
Kaziranga National Park (1985) Assam
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Embryo gene-editing can result in Cancer and mosaicism.
- CRISPR-Cas9 is Gene editing tool.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct-
WHAT IS GENE EDITING
While scientists have long been able to find defective genes, fixing them has been so cumbersome that it's slowed development of genetic therapies. There are several gene editing methods, but a tool called CRISPR-Cas9 has sparked a boom in research as laboratories worldwide adopted it over the past five years because it's faster, cheaper, simple to use with minimal training and allows manipulation of multiple genes at the same time.
HOW IT WORKS
Pieces of RNA are engineered to be a guide that homes in on the targeted stretch of genetic material. The Cas9 is an enzyme that acts like molecular scissors to snip that spot. That allows scientists to delete, repair, or replace a particular gene
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is an Integrated Conservation Project for accomplishing the objectives of effective abatement of pollution, conservation and rejuvenation of National River Ganga.
- The project aims at supplying environmentally clean natural gas to fertiliser and power plants, refineries, steel plants and also providing clean energy to households and transportation.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga (PMUG) project is a Gas Pipeline Project. It will usher in industrial development in the eastern part of India by supplying environmentally clean natural gas to fertiliser and power plants, refineries, steel plants, and other industries. It will also provide clean energy to households and transportation in the cities en route the pipeline.