UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 269
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Right to die with dignity
Right to early childhood care and education
Right to information
Right to sexual privacy
The right to privacy is valued and cherished for it involves the most intimate decisions and choices. The individual is absolutely autonomous in her territory. She is free to err, resolve and experiment. She is informed and independent to make her own decisions. Privacy is freedom giving as well as empowering in this sense. The right to engage in sexual intercourse is an intrinsic part of the right to privacy. Privacy has to invariably contain the right to bodily integrity, self-determination and sexual autonomy.
- In S. Puttaswamy (2017) Justice J. Chelameswar in clear terms held, "I do not think that anybody would like to be told by the state as to what they should eat or how they should dress or whom they should be associated with either in their personal, social or political life." Likewise, it seems to follow that individuals must be free from the interference of the state in matters of their sexual choices, or even in choosing their sexual partner.
- The judgment in Suresh Kumar Koushal (2013) upholding the criminalisation of voluntary sexual intercourse between those of the same sex remains a serious blow to the right to sexual freedom.
- Appointment of persons other than district judges to the judicial service of a state are made by the governor of the state after consultation with the State Public Service Commission and the high court.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both statements are correct.
With reference to statement 2: In practice, the State Public Service Commission conducts a competitive examination for recruitment to the judicial service of the state.
Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth;
- The founder of the Satavahana dynasty was Shree Vijaya
- The greatest ruler of the Satavahana dynasty was Gautamiputra Satakarni
- They patronized Buddhism and Brahmanism
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
- They are an ancient Indian dynasty based In the Deccan.
- They established their independent rule after the decline of the Mauryas.
- Puranas and the Nasik and Nanaghad inscriptions remain important sources for the history of Satavahanas.
- The founder of the Satavahana dynasty was Simuka.
- The greatest ruler of the Satavahana dynasty was Gautamiputra Satakarni.
- They patronized Buddhism and Brahmanism.
- Bio-chemical Oxygen Demand is the amount of oxygen needed by aerobic micro-organisms to break down organic material present in a given water sample.
- Higher level of Bio-chemical Oxygen Demand indicates lower pollution level of the water.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is incorrect. Higher the Biochemical Oxygen Demand, higher is the pollution level in the water. The amount of Biochemical Oxygen Demand in the water is an indicator of the level of pollution. If too much organic matter is added to the water all the available oxygen is used up. This causes fish and other forms of oxygen dependent aquatic life to die.
Lingaraja Temple, Bhubaneswar
Rock-cut elephant, Dhauli
Dashavatara Temple, Deogarh
Lad Khan Temple, Aihole