UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 274
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 274.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 11 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It falls under the domain of state governments
- There exists a three member Charity Commission to look after such issues
- 2nd ARC recommended that the union government should draft a comprehensive model legislation covering both Trusts and Societies in lieu of the existing laws on Societies, Trusts, Endowments and Charitable Institutions for the states which regulates charity
- 2nd ARC has also recommended that In place of the present charity administration consisting of a Charity Commissioner / Inspector General of
Registrations as existing in the States, the proposed law should provide for a new governance structure in the form of a three member Charities Commission in each State with necessary support staff for incorporation, regulation and development of Charitable Organisations.
Source - Government report on 2ND ARC Social Capital - A Shared Destiny available on DIRP website
GS 2 - Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Administration of charities, their role and issues
- We do not recommend that one should necessarily read 2nd ARC from the above source, rather the intention is to integrate your prelims preparation with mains. The above source will however help you know the response from the government and the reasoning behind its rejection of certain recommendations. It is also crisp and is good one if you are lethargic to read 2nd ARC reports.
- Having said this, also appreciate that there is no definite break between current and static portions, and therefore UPSC can ask questions in different forms. Take for example the question on National Food Security Act in prelims this year. It was not majorly in news last year and UPSC still went ahead and delved into its details. The point is that some report of the government including 2nd ARC covers such provisions and their administration in details.
Question 12 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Semi-cryogenic engine runs on kerosene and liquid oxygen
- They are environment-friendly and provide a low-cost launch service
Both 1 & 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 13 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Global Innovation Index (GII) is co-published by World-Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Cornell University and INSEAD with CII as a Knowledge Partner.
- India currently ranks 86th out of 130 countries on the Global innovation Index (GII) 2017.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 14 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 15 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Spanning 9.15 km, the bridge is built across the Lohit river which is a tributary of the Brahmaputra river.
- he Bhupen Hazarika Setu, also referred to as the Dhola-Sadiya Bridge, is a beam bridge in India, located in Assam