UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 275
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Royal spies posted to other kingdoms
Translators and scribes hired by the royalty
Cavalrymen deputed to hilly regions
Special slaves purchased for military service
The consolidation of a kingdom as vast as the Delhi Sultanate needed reliable governors and administrators. Rather than appointing aristocrats and landed chieftains as governors, the early Delhi Sultans, especially Iltutmish, favoured their special slaves purchased for military service, called bandagan in Persian. "
- They are made up of sandstone
- Lakshmana temple is one of the many temples there
- They were patronised by Chandella dynasty
1 and 2
2 and 3
1 and 3
All of them
- The temples at Khajuraho are all made of sandstone. Hence statement 1 is true
- They were patronised by the Chandella dynasty. The Lakshamana temple represents the fullfledged, developed style of temple architecture during the time of the Chandellas. Its construction was completed by 954, the year as per the inscription found at the base of the temple, by Yashovarman, the seventh ruler of the Chandella dynasty. The temple plan is of a panchayana type. Hence statement 2 and 3 are true.
- Hornbill Festival was celebrated in Assam.
- The Hornbill festival is named after the hornbill bird.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. The Hornbill festival is named after the hornbill bird. The bird is highly respected and its importance is reflected in tribal folklore, songs and dances.
- Lack of experience of staff in handling insurance products
- Inadequate presence to target the vast unbanked population in rural areas
- Inadequate experience in the domestic remittance business
None of the above
"The business correspondents model has not worked well and banks simply do not have the kind of presence required to target the vast unbanked population in the rural areas and even urban poor. However, India Post with its vast network of more than 1.5 lakh offices, 90 per cent of which are in rural areas, can aid in financial inclusion. This should be compared with about 1.05 lakh branches of all the banks in the country.Further India Post is a significant player in the domestic remittance business with experience in managing small savings deposits. The staff need extensive training in handling these products - especially insurance and pension products - as they are different from the current financial products in India Post's portfolio."
South of Lake Chilka
North of Vamsadhara river
In the delta region of Brahmani river
None of the above