UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 6
- The membership of the bank is limited to Asian countries.
- India is the biggest recipient of funds from ADB.
- It is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
1 and 2only
All of the above
Statement 2 is correct. India has received $43 billion cumulatively as of December 2018; $3 billion was received in 2019.
Statement 3 is incorrect. ADB is headquartered at Manila, Philippines,.
Reservation for Economically weaker sections
Establishment of GST Council
Constitutional status to National Commission for Backward Classes
Ratification of land boundary agreement between India and Bangladesh
- 100th CAA: 2015
- Exchange of certain enclave territories with Bangladesh and conferment of citizenship rights to residents of enclave's consequent to signing of Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) Treaty between India and Bangladesh.
- 101th CAA: 2017
- Introduced the Goods and Services Tax.
- 102nd CAA: 2018
- Constitutional status to National Commission for Backward Classes
- 103rd CAA: 2019
- A maximum of 10% Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) of citizens of classes other than the classes mentioned in clauses (4) and (5) of Article 15, i.e. Classes other than socially and educationally backward classes of citizens or the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes. Inserted Clause  under Article 15 as well as Inserted Clause  under Article 16.
- 104th CAA: 2019
- To extend the reservation of seats for SCs and STs in the Lok Sabha and states assemblies from Seventy years to Eighty years.
In majority of the cases, the infection remains asymptomatic
It is the main cause for microcephaly
The virus could possibly be spreading through bodily fluids
It was discovered in the Zika forest in Uganda
From the given statements, 'b' is wrong.
"The World Health Organization has declared that the outbreak of Zika and congenital malformations and neurological disorders in newborns believed to be connected to the virus is a global public health emergency."
"The possibility that the Zika virus causes microcephaly - unusually small heads and damaged brains - emerged only in October, when doctors in northern Brazil noticed a surge in babies with the condition.
It may be that other factors, such as simultaneous infection with other viruses, are contributing to the rise; investigators may even find that Zika virus is not the main cause, although right now circumstantial evidence suggests that it is."
- It will create a common Indian market
- Improve tax compliance and governance
- Boost investment and growth
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
1) Private Sector Companies
2) Public Sector Companies
3) Corporate individuals
Only 1 and 2
Only 2 and 3
Only 1 and 3