UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 7
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Shifting of capital between Jammu and Srinagar
Checkmate within five moves in Chess
Abolishing the privy purse of Royal families
Moving of decision-making power from parliament to PMO
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Culture.
- It is a computer software for translating all kinds of official files from English to Hindi.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs
- It is computer software for translating the all kinds of official files from English to Hindi and vice versa to make the translation work simpler and quicker.
- The Official language department has uploaded a dictionary of more than 15000 scientific and technical words on their website for technical usage.
- An app called Lila Mobile App is also in place for making the learning of Hindi language easier
- An E-learning platform called the "Pravah" also being developed by the department for use in 16 Indian languages including English.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The National Policy and Action Plan to combat LWE was initiated in 2015. Presently, 90 districts in 11 States will now be covered by the Scheme, down from 126 (44 districts have been removed - the maximum number of which is from the state of Telangana - and 8 new districts have been added). The list of 'Most Affected Districts' has been pruned to 30, down from 36 (Jharkhand accounts for the largest number of such districts).
1. Cartosat series
2. Resourcesat series
3. Oceansat series Choose the correct code given below?
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Aid the construction of world-class port facilities in Indian Ocean littoral nations.
Develop naval bases in Indian Ocean littoral nations.
Promote port-led direct and indirect development in India.
Counter China's rising geo-political prominence in India's neighbourhood.
"The prime objective of the Sagarmala project is to promote port-led direct and indirect development and to provide infrastructure to transport goods to and from ports quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Therefore, the Sagarmala Project shall, inter alia, aim to develop access to new development regions with intermodal solutions and promotion of the optimum modal split, enhanced connectivity with main economic centres and beyond through expansion of rail, inland water, coastal and road services."
Sagarmala Project: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=117691
Improvisation: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=151735 "