UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 166
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 166.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 71 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
WWF (World Wildlife Fund)
The United Nations Development Programme
The World Economic Forum
The World Bank
Question 72 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- This is the first ever effort in the country to frame a national framework for air
- The NCAP will be a five-year action plan with 2019 as the first year.
- City specific action plans are being formulated for 102 non-attainment cities
1, 2, 3
This is the first ever effort in the country to frame a national framework for air quality management with a time-bound reduction target.
The programme will not be notified under the Environment Protection Act or any other Act to create a firm mandate with a strong legal back up for cities and regions to implement NCAP in a time bound manner for effective reduction.
Key features of the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP):
- Achieve a national-level target of 20-30% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration by between 2017 and 2024.
- Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) will execute this nation-wide programme in consonance with the section 162 (b) of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1986.
- The plan includes 102 non-attainment cities, across 23 states and Union territories, which were identified by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) on the basis of their ambient air quality data between 2011 and 2015.
Question 73 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1.The Constitution is written and not easily amendable.
2.State governments derive authority from the Centre.
3.Equal representation of all states in Rajya Sabha
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1 and 2 only
State governments derive their authority from the constitution, not the Centre. The states are given representation in the Rajya Sabha on the basis of population. "
Question 74 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Using a chemical battery
- Baking a cake
- Rotting of bananas
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Chemical changes involve chemical reactions and the creation of new products. Typically, a chemical change is irreversible.
In contrast, physical changes do not form new products and are reversible. Examples of physical change include: change of state, creation or separation of a mixture, physical deformation such as cutting, change in color by addition of dye.
Following are the few examples of chemical change:
Rusting of iron
Combustion (burning) of wood
Metabolism of food in the body
Mixing an acid and a base, such as hydrochloric acid (HCl) and sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
Cooking an egg
Digesting sugar with the amylase in saliva
Mixing baking soda and vinegar to produce carbon dioxide gas
Baking a cake
Electroplating a metal
Using a chemical battery
Explosion of fireworks
Rotting of bananas
Grilling a hamburger
Souring of Milk
Question 75 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- For the first time, the entire genome of Asiatic lion has been sequenced by scientists from CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- At present the only home of Asiatic lion is Gir National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary with over 1000 animals present in the Gir forests.
For the first time, the entire genome of Asiatic lion has been sequenced by scientists from CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad.
The objective is to understand the species at DNA level and study if there are any specific problems with regard to adaptability to environment or behaviour vis-a-vis other big cats.
About Asiatic Lion:
- IUCN Red List Status: Endangered
- Listed in Schedule I of Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972, in Appendix I of Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).
- At present the only home of Asiatic lion is Gir National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary in Gujarat.
- The population of the endangered Asiatic lion is very low - only 523 animals are present in the Gir forests.